Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Avoid looking at the bike forum! There's a massive Tour spoiler title.
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Which effing effwit thought that would be an effing good title for an effing thread?

ton

relax mate. it is only a race..

mrsflash
    Free Member

cheers for warning !

neilforrow

I saw it.. 👿

what a muppet. (possible spoiler) to f'en right..

matt_bl
    Free Member

CFH, thanks for the heads up, appreciated.

Matt

Pook

it's all been fixed

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

I saw it too. 😡

soobalias
    Free Member

banning offense.

mrsflash
    Free Member

who was the culprit anyway?

CFH I owe you a pint. We've recorded the whole stage today and I would have been most upset to have had that ruined.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Watching the whole stage on video! Dedicated! Suppose you can FF the dull bits…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Virtual pint(s) accepted.

Ton, yes it is only a race, but let's say you were reading a great novel, a classic whodunnit, and someone decided to let you know the ending without you asking, you'd be a touch peeved, I suspect.

I've been looking forward to this stage for a while and I will still be watching later, I will still, no doubt, enjoy watching, but some ****monkey managed to take a fair chunk of that enjoyment away.

ourmaninthenorth

Thankfully, I appear to have missed it. Thank f*** for that, and cheers for the heads up, Flashist. Virtual pints of Pimm's to you, chap.

mrsflash
    Free Member

al, yes we do sometimes. And once you've ffed all the adverts there's not as much footage as you'd think! It'll just be on while I'm cooking, pottering round etc, so we won't be sat glued to every second, just nice to have rather than the shite that passes for entertainment on a lot of the channels.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Coolio. I approve! :salute:

Seriously though I know some hardcore fans that would watch entire stages on their days off…I never did it but it sounds like a laugh…few mates and beers, plenty crap spoken during the dull bits.

alp_girl
    Free Member

thanks CFH, we also do what the Flashes do – record it an put it on in the background! Much better though when we don't know what happened at the end, already got really good at avoiding the radio and any news pages on the web in the afternoon 😉

Actually, I think there aren't that many adverts in the Eurosport live coverage? At least not on the final 25km or so? I prefer watching even just that final bit on the live recording rather than the summary programmes, ITV4 has ads every 3 minutes, VERY annoying – someone needs to invent an auto-ad-forward button for Sky+ 😆

druidh
    Free Member

If it's that important to folk, why aren't they watching it live?

crazy-legs

Avoid looking at the bike forum! There's a massive Tour spoiler title

Not any more there isn't! 😉

If it's that important to folk, why aren't they watching it live?

Cos not everyone has an understanding boss that lets them spend the afternoon in front of Eurosport?

druidh
    Free Member

crazy-legs – Member

>If it's that important to folk, why aren't they watching it live?

Cos not everyone has an understanding boss that lets them spend the afternoon in front of Eurosport?

Ah yes, the moral indignation. Please don't post something I might read, in a bike forum, because I'll be reading it at work… Still, it's not like anyone complaining is at risk of losing their job or owt, eh?

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

Boo bl00dy hoo. Seriously. You're supposed to be adults. Tragic

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I listen to five live throughout the afternoon and they've taken to just lobbing out the name of the winner of the stage without any warning at all in the reports after four o'clock, the feckers. I managed to avoid the result all day yesterday, cheerfully driving home with a bargain bottle of wine ready to chill and sit in front of the highlights when from nowhere on the radio "And Dane, Thor…". I hope nobody saw me completely lose my rag in the car.

zokes
    Free Member

So you frequent a bicycle forum, and are surprised when there's a mention of possibly the most high profile bicycle event? How curious…. 🙄

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Yeah, but, mentioning something crucial to the result in the title of a post is a bit naughty.

crazy-legs

So you frequent a bicycle forum, and are surprised when there's a mention of possibly the most high profile bicycle event?

It happens in all sports though. Remember when they announce the football results on the news, the newsreader will say "The results are coming up, if you don't want to know the score, look away now" A few seconds pause then the results are on the screen, no audio. Some people like to relax in the evening knowing they'll get the best bits edited down to a manageable hour or so and still get the thrill of seeing who won.

Every time there's any major sporting event on, someone on the forum will ruin it for someone else with a daft title of
    "Button WINS, Webber second, wow what a race!" or
    "Aussies go 3 wickets clear" or
    "Murray out in 5 sets"

Whatever it may be, someone somewhere will have wanted to watch it without knowing the result. It doesn't take much to put
    Grand Prix, SPOILER or
    Stage 7 TdF, SPOILER

thus allowing people to read the rest of the forum without having their evenings entertainment spoilt by a thoughtless post.

Lanesra
    Free Member

I bet this forum receives more complaints than it does posts, some of you lot need to get a grip.

emac65
    Free Member

Good grief,it's a bike race,a damn good one but at the end of the day it's only a bike race.
    I really do think some people need to get a life…… 🙄

Sandwich

To be fair the post went up before the pivotal event and the title mentioned the main protagonist but the result was not known.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Avoid looking at the bike forum! There's a massive Tour spoiler title.’ is closed to new replies.