Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Aviemore ski lessons and hire?
  • stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Joining friends up there for a couple of days next week. Can anybody recommend somewhere to hire equipment. Also should we pay for some lessons and what would you recommend, would a couple of hours worth be enough? Which is easiest to learn from scratch, skiing or snowboarding?

MrsTricky
    Free Member

We always use the ski hire place at Glenmore (about 5 miles from Aviemore on the road up to Cairngorm – it’s next to the camp site opposite the reindeer place).

When MrT was learning snowboarding he had a lesson from there too, then just practised on his own after that. Seemed to be enough.

Have fun!

MrsT

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Thanks I know the place you mean.

stevomcd
    Free Member

Definitely get lessons, if you’re up there for 2 days (and funds allow), I’d suggest getting 2 half-day lessons. It’ll make a really big difference to your progression. Trying to start from scratch with no lessons at all is hopeless, you’ll waste your two days.

I snowboard and ski, overall I’d say skiing is easier to learn, but I’d been snowboarding 10 years before I learned to ski so already knew a lot about edging, speed, balance, etc. by then.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Aviemore ski lessons and hire?’ is closed to new replies.