Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Avid X0 trail brakes. Keep or sell?
  • sharkattack

Is anyone using these brakes?

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=84831

I’ve just received a bike with a set fitted. They look fine but it’s a DH bike and I can’t help thinking I’d be better off selling them while they’re unused and switching to Saints.

I took a brand new Session to the alps last year with Avid Elixir CR’s and spent a lot of time bleeding the brakes. Do not want to waste the same amount of time this year messing around with levers that pull to the bar and are generally underpowered and inconsistent. Are these new ones any better?

Can you even sell Avid brakes online? They get so slated on here that I wouldn’t be surprised if people totally avoid them.

boxxer7
    Free Member

I have a set on my Stumpy Evo and they are very powerful certainly up there with my Formula The Ones.

Personally i like them they have a good feel and they feel progressive.

If you want saints though go for them another good brake.

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/avid-xo-trail-brake-first-impression.html

sharkattack

That’s another idea, I could shift them over to my Stumpy evo and sell the CR’s. Then just have to swallow a bigger hit on the Saints

If I knew they worked well as a DH brake I’d just keep them, they look mint. Just can not face the unreliability I had last year. Really spent way too much time faffing and not riding.

boxxer7
    Free Member

i know what you mean sometimes my elixir 5s on my 4x bike have been like that but when they are working normally they are a great brake. Give them a try.

The PB link above ive added is a good first impression

sharkattack

They sound alright. I take everything on Pinkbike with a pinch of salt, they never have a bad word to say about companies that wine and dine and give them product. I have a lot more time this year to get them fettled before I go away so I won’t be caught out.

Still going to visit the LBS and see if they can do me a favourable deal on some Saints.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Avid X0 trail brakes. Keep or sell?’ is closed to new replies.