Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Avid juicy – cps mounting needed?
  • filks

A friend has very kindly given me some avid juicy 4 RSL brakes for my commuter.
    I’ve never had avid brakes before but know they use funky bolts and some used spacers – ‘cps mounting’ – in addition to get them an appropriate distance from the brake adapter.
    I’m assuming I’ll need these as the calipers don’t fit into my standard formula brake adapters. Does anyone know what size CPS spacers I’ll need to run 160 rotors front and back? The adapters are standard 160mm ones

TIA

nickdavies

You shouldnt need spacers to run 160/160 as long as thats what the frame was designed for.
    You just need the cps hardware, which is 1 flat washer, and the curvy cps washers. Youll need a plus 20 spacer kit if the rear is 140 standard.

filks

OK – thanks, that’s helpful

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

As Nick, one penny washer, one concave and one convex to give a standard mounting height, at which point which ever spacers suit your disc size and frame/fork. (Likely none for 160 front and a 20mm for 160 post rear or an apropriate is to 160mm for which ever end. Oh and they go on in a specific order, convex to the bottom, concave, caliper penny washer iirc, but check. I also used to put a tiny tiny smear of grease on the contact face of the concave one.

nickdavies

^ standard cps is 2 pairs of washers to each bolt, above and below the caliper to give adjustment.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Ahem, yeah, what he said.

I do miss those thingies though. Made alignment much easier.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Avid juicy – cps mounting needed?’ is closed to new replies.