Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Avid Juicy 3 discs – Rubbing / squeaking
  • stuthompson
    Free Member

Anyone else got the same problem? Bike shop told me it's normal when the discs heat up and get used. They then warp slightly and as the cool down the warp sets in, until they heat up again. Is this right? – seems odd when they are designed to put to use????

RichJJ
    Free Member

Always seem to have this with my Juicy 3's, often have to remove and reseat the wheel trying to find a 'sweet spot' It seems to be the top of thr rotor rather than the sides that makes the contact in one spot, have tried adjusting brakes and had the LBS do it also but it still comes back, none of this is of any help to you, but at least you're not alone 🙄

stuthompson
    Free Member

Time to upgrade – perfect excuse. Chain reactions here I come (other bike shops availabe !) 😀

13thfloormonk

When I worked in a shop we often found we had to release a tiny bit of fluid from Avids in order that they ran without drag, seems like they were overfilled to begin with or something. Usually a case of undoing the grub screw on the lever and letting a tiny drop of fluid out, pushing the pistons back in with a plastic tyre lever or something, replacing the wheel, then pumping the lever.

This also worked with my Hayes strokers, although the discs on those are so prone to warping its hardly worth the effort…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Avid Juicy 3 discs – Rubbing / squeaking’ is closed to new replies.