Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • avid juicy 3. braking power disappears in cold weather.
  • Pook

last night riding in -3, my front brake just went – it had no power at all, and the lever pulled all the way to the bars.

is it air in the system contracting?

how easy is a juicy 3 bleed?

Dickyboy

Check for blown seal if it went suddenly – juicys not easy to bleed IMO

Pook

sorry…just to clarify; its done it before and recovers.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

still sounds like a seal – loosing its “sealability” in cold weather — maybe in the master cylinder so no leaks

Pook

Bugger. Warranty replacement job then?

toys19
    Free Member

pook, are you ooop north? if so this explains it, grimness leads to seal failure.

jmenorton
    Free Member

mine did the same thing the other day while moving the bikes around, went out and checked an hour later and all was fine,

theflatboy
    Free Member

if they’re vaguely similar, the bleed on my juicy ultimates is easy.

aidso
    Free Member

Juicy 3’s are easy to bleed, but it is incredibly messy and the dot fluid is nasty. My Juicy brakes are the worst I’ve ever owned as they never seem to bite correctly

trail_rat
    Free Member

but it is incredibly messy and the dot fluid is nasty. My Juicy brakes are the worst I’ve ever owned as they never seem to bite correctly

the first part is wrong the second part is correct ….

wear gloves yes as it is a fluid you dont want high exposure too but its not “nasty” unless you abuse it …. but the avid bleed method is one of the cleanest around – with a good quality kit !

theflatboy
    Free Member

agreed, bleeding avids is easier and tidier than shimanos.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘avid juicy 3. braking power disappears in cold weather.’ is closed to new replies.