Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Avid inline barrel adjusters for BB7 Road brakes
  • thorpie
    Free Member

Anyone know where I can get a pair of these from or does anyone have any. If there were any in the box with the brakes they were lost by the shop!

Stoner
    Free Member

Are they necessary when you have two pad adjusters?

(PS, didnt think they came with them)

nedrapier

as per stoner. none in my boxes.

thorpie
    Free Member

Set I had before did come with them. I am going to try them without for a bit but the flexability would be nice? Don’t have any cable pullers either so getting a decent cable tension is hard.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Mine came with some. So unless it is a re-design there should be some in there. Ask for them.

IIRC, in the instructions, it specifically tells you to adjust for pad wear with the in-line adjusters ONLY. The caliper adjustment is only to account for disparity in pad wear between the piston and slave pads. IME if you adjust using only the caliper dials, they bite fine, but lack power, so you must be losing mechanical advantage somewhere along the line.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

I had one but took it off. It adds extra ‘spongyness’ in the cables which you really don’t want with cable discs, especially road ones (they pull less cable).

I pull the cable through when installing to add some slight tension, but adjust pad wear at the caliper.

grahamg
    Free Member

They’re not much different to any other inline cable adjuster – M:Part do a generic one which is OK, but a nice looking/feeling one is available from Shimano as a spare. You’d need to chat to you LBS to get in though.

jonba
    Free Member

jagwire do inline adjusters and they can be bought from SJS cycles amongst other places

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Avid inline barrel adjusters for BB7 Road brakes’ is closed to new replies.