Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Avid Elixir users – your reviews please
  • marsdenman
    Free Member

Looks like these could be my next purchase – seem to review well, just looking for real word feedback- good and bad
    Cheers

jimw
    Free Member

The ones on my Trek are very good- powerful, easy to mudulate and no other issues so far. Had the bike 9 months

180mm rotors each end Elixir R

A mate has the CR's on his GF Roscoe- he has been to the Alps with 203mm Rotor on Front- worked perfectly and no significant pad wear after 4 days of mostly downhill work

StumpyBlurRider
    Free Member

was a big hope fan untill,but got 2 avids fitted,1 needs a bleed,but yep,smooth breaking power

deserter
    Free Member

had hope m4s on my trail bike,built a downhill bike and bought elixirs cause they were dirt cheap,performance is awesome and the m4's feel crap now,bought them thinking I'd upgrade when funds allow but tbh I'll keep em as I like em

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Also got Elixir R's on a Trek, very easy to get used to and get most out of. Couldn't get back wheel off ground with any control before (OK Tektro Auriga are not high end but the new-old stock XTR I got was) but can comfortably now so power and control = tick.

The fact that I ignored a fault with the back brake (since sorted quickly with no fuss by Fishers so customer support gets a tick too) that caused my crash that dislocated my shoulder was my fault, not the brakes!

V happy with them.

GilesDrake
    Free Member

Been using Elixir's all year on my race bike and I've been made up! I've had a couple of frustating years using Shimano but now I'm sticking to Avids. Plenty braking power but they do bind a lot if you don't set them up perfect.

Very easy to bleed which is a big plsu in my book.

joemetcalfm
    Free Member

only time i have ever used them was on a demo orange blood. they could have been goosed from being on a demo bike? i found them very on/off not a progressive brake at all. i have hope tec x2s on my alpine and i love them. super adjustable easy to set up easy to bleed and uk made. i went for the minty limited edition gold ones, there so bling i love it. hope that helps.
    joe x

marsdenman
    Free Member

Cheers all, very much appreciated.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Avid Elixir users – your reviews please’ is closed to new replies.