Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Avid elixir pad retention bolt……
  • finners

anyone know where i can get one? :/

akira

They come with the official Elixir pads, not cheap but easiest way to get them.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Split pin?

uwe-r
    Free Member

I droped mine on the grass yesterday. Found it after some frantic searching otherwise i would be asking the same question.

jhw
    Free Member

Questions like these make me glad I pay a guy to fettle for me.

finners

bigyinn – unfortunately not. Its a bolt that runs through the caliper, through the pads then through the opposite side of the caliper. Thes a small c clip also. Had a small tumble at Glentres, lost the c clip and the bolt in turn worked its way loose….

bigyinn
    Free Member

Same sort of setup as my M595s then! Except this uses a split pin to keep them there as std. Should work the same for yours too.

uwe-r
    Free Member

I have lost the C clip on my back caliper. Mental note, tighten the bolt tonight.

finners

evening bunch??

jackberesford
    Free Member

Buy a set of elixir pads, use the bolt/c-clip and save the pads until you need them

coatesy
    Free Member

will check the spares drawers tomorrow, may have something of use.

finners

I cant find any pads that seem to come with the bolt and c clip. only the spring…

IdleJon

I replaced both of mine with split pins to save the hassle of trying to extract a stupidly small allen bolt when standing by a muddy trail in pouring rain as happened to me last year.

Split pins (from Shimano M575 brakes) work absolutely fine.

sheffield43
    Free Member

Got some from here. Cost £6 for 2 though.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Avid elixir pad retention bolt……’ is closed to new replies.