Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Avid Elixir 5 or Juicy 7?
  • hypadunkz
    Free Member

Hi, im planning to buy a new pair of brakes. I narrowed it down to these two. Avid elixir 5 or juicy 7? In terms of looks i’d go for the elixir 5 but the pad adjustment of the juicy 7 seems to tickle my fancy. but still not sure what to get though. 😐

nuke

Elixir – I have both and the Elixir are far better stoppers and pad changes are a lot less hassle. Doubt you’ll miss the pad adjustment. Juicys are the older model…wouldn’t be surprised if they phase them out soon.

timc
    Free Member

having had elixir 5 & Juicy 5 I would go elixir 5 everytime!! No question

I doubt the pad adjustment benefit out weights the increased performance of the elixir…

ofcourse I’m no expert!

toys19
    Free Member

I’ve had juicy 3, 5, and seven, and have currently got elixir 5 they are the best.

benji_allen
    Free Member

Ditto. Much more impressed with the Elixir 5’s. Only problem I’ve had is that one of the levers just flaps about now.

stumpy01

Got Juicy 7’s on one bike & Elixir R’s on the other.

I’d go for Elixir’s every day of the week, regardless of ‘spec’.
    The pad contact adjust on the 7’s doesn’t seem to do much anyway, they seem more prone to sticky pistons and the pads are a nightmare to change compared to the Elixirs.

No brainer in my experience.

br
    Free Member

Juicys have what must be the worst pad ‘retention’ design of any MTB caliper and are an absolute pig to change anywhere, except in a warm well lit garage.

hypadunkz
    Free Member

Thanks guys. I’ve decided to go for the CRs instead. £200 for the pair in white. 😀

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Avid Elixir 5 or Juicy 7?’ is closed to new replies.