Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Avid Code question
  • Mikkel
    Free Member

If you have avid codes, please tell me what size the pad retention bolt is on yours.
    Avids manual say its a 2.5mm hex key, but a 2.5mm spins cleanly in it and a 3mm is to big.
    Have also tried with my inch hex keys and none there fit aswell, so a little lost and wondering if they have managed to produce some completely out of size bolts by mistake.

coatesy
    Free Member

Without seeing it’s hard to be sure, but Avid seem quite fond of using TX10 torx bolts, it isn’t one of those by any chance?

Mikkel
    Free Member

It isnt, T10 torx is what the bleed screw is, its defenetly a hex/allen key, and its not been wrecked either, first time ever its been used.
    Its all very strange

igm

If it’s completely out of size, how did they do it up? There will be a logical answer.
    Could your 2.5mm Allen key be rounded (as opposed to the bolt)?
    I have a Code sat in my spares box at home so I’ll have a look.

Mikkel
    Free Member

tried with more different 2.5mm.
    And yes it does seems odd because as you say, its been done up.
    And if you would have a look that woul be great.

igm

2.5mm works on mine. Key was from mid price Halfords set.

Time to quietly walk into Halfords/B&Q with a Code under your arm and “try before you buy” on their allen keys.

coatesy
    Free Member

Looks like somebody in the factory has rounded it then.It’s probably pointless looking for a tool that fits, and you’re probably not going to want to re-use it anyway, try getting it out with an easy-out type tool and fit a new one(or take it to LBS and make it somebody elses problem).

Mikkel
    Free Member

see thats where its weird, it looks fine, not rounded at all.
    Im begining to think that maybe my inch allen set have got mixed up with metric ones, and that its an inch sized bolt, only way it makes sence ( to me at all)

Mikkel
    Free Member

Defenetly an out of size bolt, but managed to jam a T15 torx into it with the use of a hammer 🙂
    No i just hope i can get the brake put back together as i got carried away and took the lever completely apart aswell.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Avid Code question’ is closed to new replies.