Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Please help – brake lever covers…?!
  • katiesuth
    Free Member

I have a confession to make. My beautiful Gary Fisher hardtail has been hanging abandoned and unloved in my parents garage for the last 6 or so years whilst I went gallivanting off around the world, ran ski chalets and basically had the time of my life without a second thought for its health and well being.

I have recently seen the error of my ways and have rescued the poor thing, and to be fair it seems to be OK except for one thing. The covers over the brake levers have eroded and now when I pull the levers, hydraulic fluid seeps out…..

They are old juicy fives from about 8 years ago but I’m sure that everything is fine except for this cover and the rubber bit inside. I spoke to a kid in Evans Cycles who said I can get a replacement cover but I have no idea where from – and as I am currently living in London I’m not sure where to go for help.

Please, please, good people of the Singletrack forum, help me out here! Where can I get them? I tried asking google but am obviously using the wrong words…. It’s literally just the bit that the brake lever goes into (technically speaking!).

Thank you ever so!

khani
    Free Member

This?
    Allthough Merlin were doing good deals on Avid brakes recently..

CraigW
    Free Member

Fisher Outdoor are the UK distributor for Avid, so they should have spares. And most bike shops can order from them.

UK Bike Store have a range of Avid spares: http://www.ukbikestore.co.uk/product/138/avid-spares.htm

katiesuth
    Free Member

Thanks very much for your help, think the spares on UK bike store might do it

belugabob
    Free Member

Sounds like an omen – one that’s telling you to ditch the Avids and get your beloved Gary Fisher the brakes that it deserves.

katiesuth
    Free Member

Oh, I hadn’t thought of that… What does it deserve?!

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Shimano or Magura, I’d say.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Please help – brake lever covers…?!’ is closed to new replies.