Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Avid Brake Hose's
  • hainman
    Free Member

I bought a set of new Avid elixir 7’s cheap to put on a 2nd hand Kona entourage,the brake on the rear had been snapped so the guy put on a different brake and it was pretty wrecked so i thought why not at the price i paid,

I want to lengthen the hose so bought the superstar hose,some olives n barbs,but the caliper end of the hose seems to be crimped with alloy and im wondering if anyone has managed to use a different hose than the Avid one which comes with the banjo bit already built in,bloody expensive at 25 quid,i was hoping that it would be compression nuts both ends but i seem to be snookered

vincienup
    Free Member

My Elixir R’s have the banjo and I’ve put superstar hose on one set.

It was a simple job of unscrewing the hose from the banjo.

The actual banjo is left in place, the superstar fittings give you an inline that bolts in the back.

Can get you a photo when I get home if you like. Might make more sense than my crap description…

hainman
    Free Member

if you could mate that would be appreciated
    I didnt buy the superstar kit as i thought like my shimanos i would reuse the nuts and only need olive n barbs kit,bloody bealin

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Bro’s before hose’s?

vincienup
    Free Member

Hopefully makes more sense. You can see the black banjo avid supplied still in place, then the red ano fittings from superstar. I have some of the plain stainless fittings for another kit I haven’t got around to using. As far as I know, you’re going to need the fitting kit as well as barbs/olives as the avid originals are not recoverable.

vincienup
    Free Member

And a picture that actually makes sense… Damn 15 minute edit rule…

hainman
    Free Member

sorry mate,i cant see your second pic and the 1st is hard to make out as the caliper mount hides it

vincienup
    Free Member

Lol, sorry. First pic is completely wrong. Photo bucket decided to link a whole album rather than single pic and that was just the first pic. Edit had timed out by the time I noticed. I thought second link should work, maybe img tags don’t like https?

Whatever. Here’s a long link rather than trying hard to paste an inline picture… There’s way too much flash at point blank so the caliper body is whited out but it’s the hose union you’re interested in so that’s OK…

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sac6bbmu5v26uku/DSC_0158.JPG?dl=0

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Avid Brake Hose's’ is closed to new replies.