Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Average Speeds offroad
  • rocky-mountain
    Free Member

hI,
    what are peoples average speeds offroad; we did 17 miles at around 9 mph, max 31.2 mph.

(Not sure what speed my body was going when i endoed off piste but approx 20 mph, was a bit blurry)

and be honest now……

ton

7mph

rocky-mountain
    Free Member

whats the average in mud, dry and frost/ice( found this to be scary fast)

tk46hal
    Free Member

It all depends where your riding how long you ride and the conditions!
    Ride the lakes,6 to 8 mph. 40miles and sh4gged
    Yorkshire, 10 to 13 mph. 30miles ok. etc.
    Top speeds around mid 30’s.

dobo
    Free Member

my average over 3 laps at gorrick rnd 2 = 15.3kph with average heart rate of 171bpm lol, i really died on last last lap

Surfr
    Free Member

8-9MPH this year so far, 6-7 last year (improved fitness, lost weight and moved to lightweight singlespeed)

D0NK

no idea what moving average is (waste of time anyway) but 10-12 for a short solo ride, 8-9ish for a long solo ride, with friends it’ll fall to 5-7, big group ride or a lakes hikeabike sub 5.

Dibbs
    Free Member

From tonight’s gentle ride on the Quantocks:-

Overall
    Time: 01:51:08
    Distance: 14.24 mi
    Elevation Gain: 1,585 ft
    Calories: 1,158 C
    Timing
    Time: 01:51:08
    Moving Time: 01:42:32
    Elapsed Time: 01:51:08
    Avg Speed: 7.7 mph
    Avg Moving Speed: 8.3 mph
    Max Speed: 27.9 mph
    SpeedPace
    Elevation
    Elevation Gain: 1,585 ft
    Elevation Loss: 1,584 ft
    Min Elevation: 210 ft
    Max Elevation: 1,177 ft
    Heart Rate
    Avg HR: 136 bpm
    Max HR: 164 bpm

davetrave
    Free Member

On the Dalby Red, average 10mph solo.

billybob
    Free Member

a real how long is a piece of string question – depending on terrain can be anything from 7-12mph..

epicsteve
    Free Member

According to my Garmin the local Pentlands loop I did on Sunday was at an average of 7.7mph, with a max of 38mph, 1116ft of climbing and av HR of 148 (max 172).

stumpy01

Yeah – it varies a lot.

A few hours around Thetford – can average over 10mph.
    A few hours in the Peaks on a sociable ride – 6mph average.

Looking through my GPS records, anything from 20km/h on a fast trailquest to 8km/h for 24 hour solo.
    Most marathons, Hit the North, Forest of Dean enduro etc., are round about 13 – 15 km/h

seosamh77
    Free Member

my average speed is slow no matter the terrain! probably about 5-7 mph if the computer stops when i stop, probably about 3 mph if i leave the computer running to include breaks…pretty much why i shy away from joining any club or organised rides or anything…

Don’t be put off forum rides because you think you’re not fast enough.
    I’ve got five rides with the BikeRadar Wyre Forest group logged and they are between 4.9 and 8.0km/h including stops.

Mountain biking is not something you wait to do once you’re fit. Just ride your bike and you’ll get fit.
    We’ll always welcome new riders in the Wyre Forest, find a similar group near you.

seosamh77
    Free Member

MidlandTrailquestsGraham – I’ve a couple of mates i go out with regularly, so i’m not on my lonesome, but aye i’ve it in mind to try group rides at some point, been cycling through most of the winter to work with some offroad flung in, so looking to improve my averages this year and break out of my comfort zone. so it’s on the cards, just not quite yet!

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Really does depend on conditions, my local trails in Bristol in the summer riding with gears or single speed about 8-9mph, single speed in the mud as low as 5mph, I did 12 laps of the Oktoberfest course solo single speed and averaged 6.7mph over 51.8 miles.

Keva
    Free Member

anything from 9mph-14mph depending on time of year and where I ride. 9mph tends to be trail centres, Cwmcarn and Afan and 14mph is a quick blast round the local trails in dry summer… average average would be between 11mph and 12mph.

Kev

treaclesponge
    Free Member

Had 11mph at Gorrick Round 2 last sunday. Probably could have gone a bit quicker given I felt ok when I finished but not much!

RealMan
    Free Member

Roadies trying to MTB ^^^^

Why do you need a computer on a mtb?

wwaswas

Why do you need a computer on a mtb?

‘cos it’s nice to record where you went, how long you were out and how far you got?

you don’t need gears on an mtb but lots of people use them…

TheFopster
    Free Member

About 8mph around woods at Woburn for me. Bit more if it’s dry, bit less if it’s muddy…

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Average Speeds offroad’ is closed to new replies.