• This topic has 44 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by timba.
Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Average speed cameras
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

big bottle of gas should be securely restrained to the structure of the vehicle and in a shut off position though. If built correctly should not be going anywhere

philjunior
    Free Member

but a big bottle of gas!

At least it’s just one. But… :S I was just getting to thinking it was pretty reasonable.

spooky_b329

It still wasn’t clear then if even that motorhome classification would change the speed limits.

And the VED would nearly double.

VED stays the same thankfully, otherwise us big van owners would be be paying top band luxury 4×4 rates!

Me neither, but I believe it’s to do with the fact you don’t have a van fully loaded with a ton of stuff on a pallet in the back, it’s the only thing I’ve heard that makes sense of it.

A lot of conversions (especially home build ones where the interior is not paper thin caravan style furniture) are heavy, one of the main concerns secondhand is whether they are overweight. Especially the big race van conversions.

welshfarmer

It is the unladen weight that counts not the gross weight. So long as it slips in below 2040 kilos unladen and AWD (NB. that manufacturers ULW include a full tank and driver, but for the purposes of defining DPW an allowance for this can be subtracted) then it is classed as a Dual purpose vehicle. Large SUVs like range rovers and the like are not commercial vehicles so the car rules apply.

timba
    Free Member

A 4wd (4×4) pickup can be a dual-purpose vehicle, and, if the unladen weight exceeds 2040kg, a goods vehicle. Some 3 litre+ engined 4wd will be over 2040kg unladen and subject to lower speed restrictions

It doesn’t help that “SUV” and “Crossover SUV” are meaningless in the legal context

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Average speed cameras’ is closed to new replies.