Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • average speed
  • dti

Roughly how fast do you ride on average terrain. I always seem to average about 10-11 k/hr no matter what bike or route I take or how fit (or unfit) I am.

crispo
    Free Member

Varies massively with terrain. A quick blast around Rivington and the reservoirs will usually be around 15km/h but big days in the peaks or lakes can drop down to less than half that.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Depends on the ride, it’s quite easy to average 6-7mph in the Peak District and only do a 15mile off road ride, then you add in riding to/from Sheffield and it becomes a 35mile ride but only takes 90 minutes longer.

allthepies
    Free Member

9-10mph (in Surrey 🙂 )

aracer
    Free Member

20mph

njee20
    Free Member

834mph, usually, +/- 0.014mph.

I’m pretty fit.

Just thought I’d get in before the willy wavers 🙂

ooOOoo
    Free Member

+1mph than you

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

6 – 10 mph offroad

Klunk
    Free Member

don’t know, don’t care, got rid of my computer and enjoy my riding much more.

druidh
    Free Member

Endomondo tells my that I’ve averaged 14km/h this year whilst mountain biking, 21km/h on the road.

squiff
    Free Member

10 – 12 MPH off road

Taff
    Free Member

I’m 16-18 on the road but off road it can be between 8 and 12 depending on the terain. Quicker when riding down south but slower when riding back home in Wales.

bruneep

My average has come up since I switched on the “pause when stopped” function. We can speak bollocks for ages when we regroup.

devs
    Free Member

Hmmm, my endomondo shows 10.4 kmh average. It’s not on auto pause though and I have been known to stop at the pub. TdBN was about that pace but other rides are 14-17kmh. Great to see I’m well behind the pack, I must be well slow.

hammerite
    Free Member

bruneep
    My average has come up since I switched on the “pause when stopped” function. We can speak bollocks for ages when we regroup.

^I think this is the key to higher average speeds.

My moving speed will be 10-12mph ave, but I don’t do anything hugely techie.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Mine is just fast enough so that I can complete my ride and get to the pub before sunset.

druidh
    Free Member

I don’t have the “pause while stopped” thing on either, though I do tend to pause it manually for longer stops (cafes, pubs whatever).

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Fast, super fast.

will
    Free Member

Apparently my average speed for the year to date is 15.94mph/25.65kmph

Thats a mixture probably 70/30 Road.

seosamh77
    Free Member

bucking slow!

BoardinBob

8-9mph and I’m fat and unfit

ooOOoo
    Free Member

don’t know, don’t care, got rid of my computer and enjoy my riding much more

Amen. Paralysis of analysis.

trickydisco
    Free Member

off road i haven’t got the foggiest.

only ever use my garmin on the road bike and actually not that bothered (unless it’s the club 10mile TT)

cookeaa

On “average terrain” I probably travel at about average speed…

Honestly the cobblers posted up for people “average” performances is barely worth paying attention to, Yes rider ‘A’ might only average 10mph on his regular rides while Rider ‘B’ manages 15mph but for all you know ‘A’ in stomping up 40 miles worth of climbs in the lakes on a DH bike while ‘B’ is mincing around billard table flat roads on a TT machine…

Better to look at how many miles you clock up na devery once in a while time yourself over a “Benchmark” loop to see if you are getting any faster…

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘average speed’ is closed to new replies.