Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Average bike costs just £233.
  • PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Carrera subway 1, bang on the average price £229 from Halfords if you say you need more than this for a day to day bike then you’re clearly deluded…

That’s what I had, only mine was a few years back with 7sp and vee brakes for £195.
    I commuted on it for a couple of years and all I spent was mudguards and rack and a higher geared chain set (£15 pig iron job, perfectly adequate) as it was too low geared for me.
    Also did a 300 mile tour on it.
    In fairness it wasn’t much good for touring as it was under braked and my higher gearing was too high for Cornish hills, but it convinced me a rigid MTB was the right tourer for me.
    I sold it for £125 or thereabouts.
    Utter bargain.

Everyone should have a £200-£300 bike for knocking about on.
    How many people are “cyclists” and think that they must go on a specific ride, on the right bike, wearing the right kit, stopping at the cool cafe….. Yet they get the car out to go 3 miles to the shops.
    We need to be more European about cycling and have a town bike that we get on without thinking about it for errands, school runs, commuting and the like.
    I’m a firm believer in the utility bike. It don’t have to be posh, it just needs to be tough, and USED! 🙂

squirrelking
    Free Member

Which reminds me, must rebuild my cones and get the Diamondhack back on the road…

Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Average bike costs just £233.’ is closed to new replies.