Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Avenue verte en route to paris
  • alansd1980

Mtb-idle and me are riding to Paris nct month in jut undr 24 hours mainly following he avenue verte on the French side.
    Is it smooth paths or a but more bridle way?

Have a choice of a carbon all out race bike or a ti cross. The carbon is fast as hell but if the surface is less than perfect I could be in a lot of pain by the Eiffel tower!

alansd1980

anyone?????

djtom
    Free Member

It’s 99% good smooth tarmac, you’ll be fine on a road bike. the gf and I did it on touring bikes a couple of years ago en route to watch the final stage of the TdF on the Champs Élysées. Nice ride, albeit the former railway sections can be a bit dull! Stop off at the Palais de Versailles if you get a chance, well worth a look.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    richardthird

Your’re avoiding Route 21 & Avenue Verte this side aren’t you, that’s defo not road bike suitable. I’ve researched the Dieppe to Paris route but not ridden it yet but I think out of those 2 the Ti would be a nicer ride

Stop and eat before Newhaven too 😉 Lewes would be good.

singletracksurfer

smooth cycle path all the way to Forges Les Eaux then it’s a mix of roads and cyclepaths.

You should do the British Heart Foundation London to Paris off-road. It is over 3 days but what you can do is aim to be riding/on the bike for under 24hrs. It obviously avoids some road then and uses off-road trails but they are doable on a CX bike. Oh, or do you want it all smooth?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Avenue verte en route to paris’ is closed to new replies.