• This topic has 14 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by atlaz.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Avengers movie Series – where to start?
  • organic355
    Free Member

Saw the trailer for the new avengers movie.

Ive maybe seen a few in the series, guardians of the galaxy etc, iron man, captain america etc but am a bit lost.

Can someone tell me where it all starts, what should watch 1st etc if I want to follow all story lines?

a nice handy diagram maybe?

mikey74
    Free Member

I think Iron Man was first, followed by Avengers: Assemble.

Edit: Although Captain America was set decades before the others, so should probably be watched first.

arcing
    Free Member

Just bung “marvel film order” into google and there’s loads of images showing you the order.

organic355
    Free Member
    DezB
    Free Member

Then don’t forget –

Superman v Batman*, Wonder Woman
    followed by
    Justice League

So you appreciate how good the Marvel stuff is. (OR to make it seem better than it actually is)

*aka Batman vs Superman

rossburton
    Free Member

Watching the Netflix TV stuff isn’t essential to get the films as the films never refer to anything from the TV shows (although the reverse is true, Agents of SHIELD for example has clear points where the films happen). However they are excellent in their own right.

Incredible Hulk, however, isn’t and can be skipped.

atlaz
    Free Member

The new Spiderman isn’t TOTALLY awful either

prawny

There’s a chronological and a release date order, we did it release date order, it’s fun. Still a couple behind though, got Spider-Man and Ragnorok to catch up on.

uponthedowns
    Free Member

So you appreciate how good the Marvel stuff is. (OR to make it seem better than it actually is)

*aka Batman vs Superman

I didn’t think that was as bad as it was made out to be. Quite enjoyed seeing Superman get his ass kicked by Batman

akira

Wonder Woman was pretty good, not seen Justice League…….Marvel seems to get their casting right which helps, not sure DC quite nails it.

kimbers

Man of steel was a decent scifi flick, the rest DC have been OK (not seen justice league tho)

the marvel films are just better at being fun action films, even the weaker ones benefit from being part of an overall bigger picture

you can also add deadpool in as he does have that fight on a destroyed helicarrier (just dont tell disney)

kayla1
    Free Member

The new Spider-Man film is really good, I think anyway. Back to proper Marvel spidery nerdyness with other Marvel characters in there to make you go ‘ooooh, that’s such-and-such!’ and your other half to roll his eyes at you…

kimbers

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjNQq0iXJYY[/video]

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

I saw the title and I thought Purdy and Jonathon Steed!

atlaz
    Free Member

you can also add deadpool in as he does have that fight on a destroyed helicarrier (just dont tell disney)

Although there is the x-men crossover in that film too…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Avengers movie Series – where to start?’ is closed to new replies.