Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Avebury area pubs. What do you recommend?
  • cinnamon_girl

Picking up the litter, cutting the grass, clearing the broken glass and other debris….that’s just in the car park.

There’s usually an Adolf-type patrolling. 🙄 Oh no, wait, they’re on a NT recruitment drive.

Anna – thanks, will check out Winterbourne Monkton. How pink is the Icebreaker? 😯

yossarian
    Free Member

Oh well

cinnamon_girl

Oh well

😆

I really do need to touch those stones, getting myself a wee bit stressed today

yossarian
    Free Member

That’ll be five pounds please. Have you thought about becoming a member? You get free entry to the dutchess of York I believe.

mtbfix

Don’t fret about taking the post off on a tangent, CG. I’ve been resident here long enough to know how these things go.

FWIW I am an NT member so parking won’t cost me a bean. 5 notes to put toward chips and gravy.

cinnamon_girl

OK! Do let us know where you end up though. 🙂

mtbfix

We ended up at the Outside Chance just out of Marlborough. Food and beer were good and the beer garden gave access for micro-mtbfix to go play on the swings down on the rec. Good time had by all and a friend picked up the tab.

CountZero

I refuse to use the main carpark since I came back and found my car with rubbish all over it from a bunch of visiting foreign students who’s bus had been parked next to me, and the NT stopped anyone other than residents using the village carpark. There is a place to park less than 400yards from the Red Lion, but only three cars can fit if they park carefully, so forgive me if I don’t blab it’s location far and wide.

brassneck

A little way off, try The Outside Chance in Manton. Very good, indeed.

It was better when it was the Oddfellows Arms and served 14 year olds industrial quantities of 6X. When I was 14 of course and looked at least 12.

There is a place to park less than 400yards from the Red Lion, but only three cars can fit if they park carefully, so forgive me if I don’t blab it’s location far and wide

I know exactly where you mean CZ, best we coordinate visits as I’m not great at parallel parking 😀

Personally I’d park at the Sanctuary on the A4 and walk to Avebury if I were unencumbered by children, there’s a nice circular loop possible.. would take a while though.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Avebury area pubs. What do you recommend?’ is closed to new replies.