Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • druidh
    Free Member

Can those that want them please explain why?

richc
    Free Member

because they are muppets?

wwaswas

an avatar lover earlier;

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Piedi Di Formaggio. Member since The beginning
    ____________________________________________________________________________

Avatars are already here dontcha know

My silly sign off signature goes here

aracer
    Free Member

I don’t understand the problem with avatars. They can add them without any impact on the space used for threads by utilising all that space on the right which is currently wasted with adverts.

wwaswas

“currently wasted with adverts.”

haha.

how do you think they pay for the forum?

maybe they could charge peopel a tenner a month to have an avatar?

Jamie
    Free Member

#
    richc – Member

because they are muppets?
    Posted 8 minutes ago # Report-Post

Was there any resistance at all between that thought popping into your head and your fingers typing it?

druidh
    Free Member

aracer – Member

I don’t understand the problem with avatars. They can add them without any impact on the space used for threads by utilising all that space on the right which is currently wasted with adverts.

You’re still not explaining what the advantages are.

Mark

Ok.. here’s the official policy we have drawn up on the use of avatars.. We’ve spent many hours in a darkened room thinking hard about this very issue. We appreciate the pros and cons of having them on this forum from look and feel to server loads.. Positioning and which file formats can and can’t be used..

We concluded thus….

They are rubbish!

And so a policy was written and filed

sofatester
    Free Member

Agreed admin, good move.

aracer
    Free Member

wwaswas – can’t believe I got a bite that quickly 😆

richc
    Free Member

Was there any resistance at all between that thought popping into your head and your fingers typing it?

No, how about you?

AndyP
    Free Member

And so a policy was written and filed
    …and let that be the end of it.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I’m not bothered about avatars one way or the other, but it would be nice to have the profile pic back again, and proper space there for your email address and other such nonsense…
    🙂

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

druidh – Member

As a visual aid to remembering an individual or to differentiate ones self from an individual with a similar name, to imply a degree of personality or humanity to an otherwise anonymous internet user etc etc etc.

druidh
    Free Member

PeterPoddy – Member

I’m not bothered about avatars one way or the other, but it would be nice to have the profile pic back again, and proper space there for your email address and other such nonsense…

Have you checked your profile page recently?

druidh
    Free Member

GNARGNAR – Member

druidh – Member

As a visual aid to remembering an individual or to differentiate ones self from an individual with a similar name, to imply a degree of personality or humanity to an otherwise anonymous internet user etc etc etc.

Ah. For those that can’t read.

Should we explain everything else in pictures too?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I think the lack of them makes this place much nicer

coffeeking
    Free Member

Must admit I’d probably find it easier to remember people and meet them out and about if I could see their face, but people never use their face and therefore its justa waste of time.

Jamie
    Free Member

richc:

No, how about you?

Oh touché!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Have you checked your profile page recently?

Good point, I see there are changes, but there’s no place for a pic that I can see
    🙂

DezB
    Free Member

Visit dubstepforum.com and tell me Avatars are a good idea! It’s a bleedin mess. (although the Stephanie one I found on there was bloody funny)

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

No avatars please. I still struggle with those smily face things and it was ages before I realises LOL wasn;t lots of love

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Don’t forget what Houns had as his profile pic

It was bad

*goes off to wash memory bit of brain in bleach again*

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

DezB – Member
    Visit dubstepforum.com and tell me Avatars are a good idea! It’s a bleedin mess. (although the Stephanie one I found on there was bloody funny)

Allowing pictures in sigs is totally different from avatars, that’s the main problem there.

DezB
    Free Member

Oh yeah. (geek)

Jamie
    Free Member

DezB:

Not until you make it clickable! 😉

…but i can imagine it is very similar to Dogs On Acid and DnBArena. Even tho as mentioned they are sigs and not avatars.

aracer
    Free Member

They have avatars and pics in sigs at the site which must not be mentioned. End of.

grizzlygus
    Free Member

it was ages before I realises LOL wasn;t lots of love

LOL @ WCA !

………it is when I use it on my posts, big boy.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Avatars on the forum’ is closed to new replies.