Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • foxyrider
    Free Member

Just noticed the edit section on your profile there is the ability to change your avatar – was abit bored and investiaged – Can’t seem to do it – I presume this function is dissabled ?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I presume this function is dissabled

Lets hope so!!!

foxyrider
    Free Member

Oh obviously it would not be a picture of my horrible mug – someting made up or irrelevant 😉

retro83
    Free Member

dunno but i’d like them – 32 x 32 pixels is all I ask!

thomthumb
    Free Member

NO.

druidh
    Free Member

The general feeling of the forum seems to be against.

foxyrider
    Free Member

against – but my question was not did we want them – it was is it funtioning 😉 Thats another question!

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

You mean like this?

tomdebruin
    Free Member

It only shows on profile pages and is set using Gravatar. Go to your profile edit page for the link to change it – http://en.gravatar.com/

foxyrider
    Free Member

Thats the one – could find out how to link it as I have already created a gravatar?

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Your photo is showing in profile foxyrider

Mark

Once you have set up your account at gravatar it seems to take up to ten minutes for your gravatar to feed through.. Well it did with mine anyway 🙂

foxyrider
    Free Member

ahh cool – prob didn’t refresh it 😉 cheers rock – duh

druidh
    Free Member

Oh great. Now I have to sign up with another span-generator just to get a photo. What’s wrong with providing a link to any photo-hosting site (or even my own)?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I’ve just set mine up, it took 5 mins to feed through….
    Bit small though
    🙁

foxyrider
    Free Member

just get a free email for use for spammy type things only!

Mark

Druidh..

It’s entirely optional.. I know the peer pressure is hard for you to deal with sometimes but you really are a big boy now and you should be able to decide for yourself.. Everyone repeat after me! ‘I am an individual!’… ‘I can think for myself’.

🙂

tomdebruin
    Free Member

gravatar won’t send you any spam, and if you don’t want to do it you don’t have to!

tomdebruin
    Free Member

and gravatar is run by http://automattic.com/privacy/. They are your friend.

druidh
    Free Member

Mark – Administrator

Druidh..

It’s entirely optional.. I know the peer pressure is hard for you to deal with sometimes but you really are a big boy now and you should be able to decide for yourself.. Everyone repeat after me! ‘I am an individual!’… ‘I can think for myself’.

But, but, but. That’s too small a space to appreciate my manly physique and God-like beauty!!!

aracer
    Free Member

Everyone repeat after me! ‘I am an individual!’… ‘I can think for myself’.

I’m not.

aracer
    Free Member

just get a free email for use for spammy type things only!

I’ve gone one further than that – I have STW specific free email and photobucket accounts!

retro83
    Free Member

Tom could you generate the gravitar hash from the real email address, not the display one please?

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Avatars’ is closed to new replies.