Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Avalanche/Spectro
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

Right as the bits are now being shipped does anyone have an alternative for Spectro 85/150 5w. Can’t get it at all in Oz and I’m not sure how well it will make it through customs etc over here. So looking for an alternative? Any of the avalanche users got any?

doof_doof
    Free Member

I switched from Silkolene to to Maxima 85/150 Racing Fork fluid (non-Avy fork). Apparently Push switched to it after some testing according to an old 2009 MTBR post:

After using Torco Fluids for many years, our testing proved that Maxima suspension fluids were superior. We made the switch last year and haven’t looked back as it solved several issues.
    Darren

As for oils, Silkolene and Bel Ray are very good products that test very well when we were comparing brands. With our “no compromise” approach, Maxima led the group. I just wish that we would’ve started testing fluids earlier than last year.
    Darren

and Craig @ Avy also recommends it as a Spectro alternative.

GIYF:

http://forums.mtbr.com/shocks-suspension/alternative-fork-oil-golden-spectro-85-150-a-887972.html

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Cheers, I did get that one via google but it’s another that is really hard to get hold of, someone has managed to track down an Aussie source of the Spectro. So hopefully I’ll get hold of some of that.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Avalanche/Spectro’ is closed to new replies.