Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Avalanche damper cartridge – how good?
  • fr0sty125
    Free Member

So avalanche cartridge is now available for my fork. I wondered if anyone could tell me about their Avalanche experiences?

Onzadog
    Free Member

I had my dhx5.0 sorted by Greg. It worked so well that it made j forks feel Shit by comparison. So I had to do both forks as well. Very good kit.

kimbers

I had a dhx done too, it’s excellent

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Which fork did you have done Onza?

goodgrief
    Free Member

I have a cartridge in a fox 40, I went from the typical fox fiddling between harsh or dive-y to racing a whole SDA season on the recommended settings and not thinking about changing it once. For me that’s worth the money alone, I changed the damper oil after about 18 months and it looked like new so that’s even better.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Fox 34 done, touched it once as I put on some weight. Great service though for UK orders don’t forget import duty vat and handling charges on top of the price.

mildred

How have folk gone about this; have you sent your stuff to the states or had them send the kit to you for DIY installation?

Onzadog
    Free Member

I sent my real shock over to be tuned and returned. I’ve got Fox van36/160 and Fox float36/130. I ordered the dampers and Craig tuned them, marked them up and sent them over. Not extra charge for the special tune for the 130 float 36.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Wonder how the dampening performance compares to the pike and the new Fox 36.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Next time I get a new fork, I’m just going to pick the lightest/stiffest chassis and drop an Avalanche damper in from the off.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Very tempting wonder how much weight it will add. What was the turn around on the shox and how much did it cost all in?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Added a little weight because of the extra oil. Turn around was okay, I don’t remember it as fast or slow. Yes, it’s expensive but you get what you pay for.

mildred

can anyone compare the Avalanche dampng/tune against PUSH?

I’m very impressed with my PUSH tuned RP23 and tf tuned are in the UK Making it very convenient, but I’ve heard so much good about Avalanche that I’d like to try them for my forks and other shock. That said, I te result is similar I’d rather save some pennies. Can anyone advise/comment?

Onzadog
    Free Member

As it happens, I had my dhx push’d before I had the avalanche upgrade. Now, in fairness, they didn’t offer as much then as they do now but for all the money I spent and all they said about the difference it would make, I felt bugger all difference other than my wallet being lighter.

The avalanche damper was totally different. As I said above, so good it make the forks feel crap.

mildred

I’ve got a push tuned vanilla R shock too, and to be honest unless you’re caning it on a fast descent you wouldn’t feel much difference with a standard shock. That said, the harder you push the better it feels. I couldn’t get my CCDB to feel anywhere near as good.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Avalanche damper cartridge – how good?’ is closed to new replies.