Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Availability of Boris Bikes (Paddington)
  • ebygomm
    Free Member

Looking at taking a Boris bike from Paddington to Kings Cross tomorrow, is it reasonable to assume there’ll be some available at around 16:30?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Yes, but you can always download the app – gives near realtime status of docking stations (spaces/bikes available)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

As above, get the app. It’s rather good.

Often need to go one stand away from a mainline station at peak times, though.

I don’t know about Paddington, as it’s North of the Parks. Practically bandit country. The only trains that come in there are from the grim wastelands of the Midlands. Ask Stoner. He’ll know more. 😉

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Did it a few weeks back coming in from oxford. Only 2 bikes left! It’s quite hard to find. You go out of the exit in front of platforms but to the LHS, up a ramp and then turn back on yourself and walk back 200m round the corner.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

There’s a few stations around there

Have a look here http://www.tfl.gov.uk/maps/cycle-hire

and get the app!

crazy-legs

Another vote for the app (called “Barclays Bikes”), it’s very good.

If a docking station is full, select the option on it saying you’d like to dock there but can’t and it gives you an extra 15mins free to find a neighbouring docking point.

ebygomm
    Free Member

Cheers, downloading app now

ebygomm
    Free Member

Well, not an experience I’ll be rushing to repeat! Makes me appreciate my own bike more though.

Loads of bikes at Paddington though and had to go a little way from kings x to find room to dock.

Reckon that put me over 30 mins, pah!

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

You obviously didn’t do it right.

I find the best way to experience Boris Bikes is to get really pissed, then have a bunny hopping competition with a mate 😈

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I find the best way to experience Boris Bikes is to get really pissed, then have a bunny hopping competition with a mate

]

See also;
    Sessioning teh radnezz at the South Bank. While pissed.
    Power sliding the back end around in the rain. While pissed.
    Etc.

brooess
    Free Member

I don’t know about Paddington, as it’s North of the Parks. Practically bandit country. The only trains that come in there are from the grim wastelands of the Midlands.

The grim West, actually!

OP: come out of the Bakerloo line entrance, rather than the main station and turn left so the station is on your left hand side. After 50 yards there’s a Boris bike rack in the road on the right. If that one’s empty, keep walking up until you get to the road which goes to St Mary’s and there’ll be another, bigger rack there…

I walk past there every day and they’re rarely both empty

AlasdairMc

I find not remembering there’s a flight of steps down to the Mall an enjoyable one too. Remember to stand up and get behind the saddle, despite the saddle being sofa wide.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Availability of Boris Bikes (Paddington)’ is closed to new replies.