Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • AV speaker cable?
  • stevied
    Free Member

Going to be getting a new AV amp in the next few days as my old Yam has died 🙁

Will probably be going with the Denon AVR-X2200 (if the demo sounds good).

As I’ll be installing the new amp I thought it might not be a bad idea to replace the speaker cable which is a mis-match of stuff I had when I got the old Yamaha.

I’ll be using my Mordaunt Short MS302 speakers (5.1) so what cable would you guys recommend (ideally from Richer Sounds as I’ll be getting the amp from them)?
    Thinking around £2/m..

tutgareth
    Free Member

I can thoroughly recommend Van damme black tour series 2.5 mm speaker cable. Think the the blue series is just as good. They do twin and Bi-wire configurations. And its well priced if you goggle around.

Van-Damme

stevehine

Some of this will do you fine:

http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/multicore-speaker-cable/7832788/

It’s probably overkill for the 302’s unless you’ve got a massive room and the speakers are miles away from the amp …

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I would go with the Vann Damme – always seems to ‘not sound’ when I use it whereas other stuff, like the Nordost flatline or some 4mm version of that rs link, do have an effect on my system. Also tried the main cable thing but that also seems not very good.

Obviously people will say cables don’t make a difference but I think they do with some solid state amps, never heard any difference with a tube amp I had. And the Vann Damme is cheap enough anyway.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I’d go for QED 79 Strand. I’ve used it in some quite long runs and it’s been fine. Should be about £2 per metre.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I’d go for QED 79 Strand

that’s something else I found dissappointing.

Maybe it’s my fault for having too high a resolution system 🙁

(not completely kidding, as soon as I started using my external crossovers then it became obvious that lots of other bits of my system weren’t good enough.)

Play safe, get the Van Damme…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘AV speaker cable?’ is closed to new replies.