Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • AV senders: sky upstairs – any advice?
  • stoofus
    Free Member

Moved in to a New house with no aerial. Got sky sorted up nothing upstairs. Thinking about getting an av sender to send picture from downstairs to upstairs bedroom. Anyone got any experience/advice?

Saccades
    Free Member

i did a post on this 6 months ago.

you can tell the sky box to fire power and the signal out of aerial 1 (menu 01) then i used a 4 way splitter box and skyeyes on each telly without a box so that i fed signal to all the aerial points in the house and could work the box too, did end up getting another wand of power and it’s not but it works well

northshoreniall

We recently got one of them av senders from argos for same, plugs into scart and power socket, handy to have spare remote so dont need remember cart one up and down. It ususally works a treat, except this week when father in law is here and insists on watching what he wants despite knowing we watching upstairs, and the freeview box on telly down stairs seemingly isn’t sufficient.

VanMan
    Free Member

Not sure if this info is still correct but here goes 🙂 The AV senders don’t send full HD so if you want/need Sky HD you need to use CAT5 senders, or do what Saccades has done.

I use a Cablesson HDMI over CAT6 sender,and a 1×2 HDMI splitter. Obviously this still means that what is on in the lounge is the same as in the bedroom.

HTH

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Tried one of the wireless ones, didn’t work well over a relatively short distance, despite channel changes it also interfered with lots of other stuff, and you could tell if someone was standing between the receiver and transmitter. So we ran a cable instead… much better.

northshoreniall

I cant remember the frequencies but newer ones are higher, think 5.6 or 5.8 and seem to deal with interference way better, parents have old one which is 2.something and is quite grainy and drops momentarily if walk in front of it. Ours has 4 selectable channels to get best reception, not too fussed about HD as is old CRT telly upstairs so not really big deal for us.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘AV senders: sky upstairs – any advice?’ is closed to new replies.