Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • AV Receivers
  • thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Went into richer sounds yesterday with a budget in mind and the intention of buying an AV reciever. Promptly to be told my budget wasnt enough and I should stretch just a little bit more, so I didn’t buy from him (I hate sales people like that).

Anyway, turns out no one makes AV recievers with SCART connections anymore. Is that true? We’ve got more Singstar than you could shake a stick at on the PS2, and we don’t play enough games to justify a PS3.

The sound is broke on the TV and my hi-fi amp blew up so we ‘need’ an AV reciever, is the only option 2nd hand?

ton

i sell a av sender/reviever that works on scart.
    televes make it.

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Paraphrasing the above; you went into the shop and told the bloke your requirements and budget, he said you’d need to spend more to get what you want, further research suggests the shop was right.

So, yes, based on that either add more money to the pot or go second hand.

Cougar

Did anyone ever make AV receivers with SCART connections?

I’ll be upgrading mine soon, and be looking for a good home for my beloved Yamaha RX-V595, if that’s of any interest to you?

Bimbler
    Free Member

I have an AV amp from the Scart era and don’t really remember any amps having Scart connections – I think you either had to get a Scart to Composite (pretty poopy quality) or Scart to Component (much better). Not sure what PS2 supported but probably SCART to component

grievoustim
    Free Member

you should be able to get hold of a PS2 scart to component cable pretty easily – then bob is your proverbial uncle

you will have got a PS2 scart to composite cable with the PS2 (i know I did)

if you are just using the ps2 for singstar this option is probably plenty good enough

grievoustim
    Free Member

oh and a new PS3 wouldn’t wouldn’t run your old singstar discs anyway – only the original PS3s were beackwards compatible I think

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘AV Receivers’ is closed to new replies.