Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • AV: Home cinema sound
  • soma_rich
    Free Member

Now I am not worried about £300 directional cable.

Manly I am after something with more power than my current Panasonic LCD TV's speakers. I dont like the idea of having to cable 4 remote speakers into our rented house. So a sound bar appealed to me.

Anyone have any experience with low end (Cheap) sound bars? Or should I predict your response and spend thousands on a separates based 5.1 surround system?
    This is the kind of thing I want….

molgrips
    Free Member

In my experience, cheap(er) 5.1 systems make a nice difference because you get a sub and 5 speakers.

I'd suggest a sound bar only if you don't want the extra speakers around the room.

I got a discounted Marantz AV unit from Richer sounds (no box, remote etc) and a half price set of 5.1 speakers for £300 all in. It's great for movies, not as good for music as my other stuff tho.

thehustler
    Free Member

hmm been looking at one of these recently £350 at macro atm seems a good buy

thehustler
    Free Member

hmm sorry linky didn't work

marsdenman
    Free Member

couple of options –
    if it has to be a soundbar ?

no experience of 'soundbars but thi sone has a good review…
    I have used Superfi for mail order & they were fine.

TBH though, if you do a lot of movies and stuff then go 5.1 – does not have to cost a fortune
    Cables – no need for pricey stuff at all – use smaller gauge stuff that you can tuck down the edge of the carpet…(out of sight, no damage to the property, pull it up and take it with you when you go…)
    Maplins, B+Q and the likes have it on spools of 10mtrs or so, for not a lot of money..
    If you do think 5.1 then Richer Sounds and Superfi have good package deals.

Have fun…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘AV: Home cinema sound’ is closed to new replies.