Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Av got a broken spoke !
  • reedspeed
    Free Member

Never had had broken spoke are they an easy fix ?,its cassette side,Hope pro 2 hub mavic rims..

Rorschach
    Free Member

Can you remove a cassette?
    Can you remove a disc?
    Can you remove a tyre?
    Can you measure spoke length?
    Can you true a wheel?
    If the answer is Yes to all the above then it’s an easy fix.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Yup. That’s about the long and short of it! 🙂

nick1962
    Free Member

Replaced one on a Hope pro 2 hub/Mavic rim myself for the first time last week so must be easy 🙂 My other Hope wheelset came with a couple of spare spokes so I used one of them. I am assuming it was the right size for the other Hope hub wheel.Didn’t actually measure but seems to fit.

Drac
    julianwilson
    Free Member

Drac – Moderator

Time for a new bike.

😀

Back when I could afford to, I went into a bike shop to get a new spoke and bought a whole Scott Genius. And a new spoke.

jonba
    Free Member

Dead easy. Just buy one of the right length, fit and then true the wheel. Last bit is the trickiest.

To find one of the right length you can measure the broken one (depending on where it broke or remove another spoke which I will probably get shot down for but it is the easiest way.

reedspeed
    Free Member

There’s not I can’t do to be fair !,however just never fitted a spoke ever !!,never had to !,I was on some down hill stuff last week jumps etc must av broke there !,ill av a look int week .

reedspeed
    Free Member

I Don’t need a new bike btw,it’s only just a year old …

jam-bo

I keep meaning to replace one on my 721’s. five years now though and still hasn’t gone out of true yet so not bothered.

aracer
    Free Member

over a year old? Obsolete then. I bet it has those old-fangled 26″ wheels too – I’d be surprised if you can even still get spokes in the right length for those.

reedspeed
    Free Member

aracer – Member

over a year old? Obsolete then. I bet it has those old-fangled 26″ wheels too – I’d be surprised if you can even still get spokes in the right length for those.

I mite have to make one then eh ?….now wheres my spoke shave…

joolsburger
    Free Member

You’re thinking of mending a wheel? But you can buy a brand new set of 650b wheels for around 350 with tyres. Now the cost of spokes being what it is and what with 26 inch wheels being proper last Tuesday obviously you should crack on with upgrading.

oxym0r0n

You joke – I can’t get a spoke for a 6 year old wheel from the world’s biggest component manufacturer 🙁

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Av got a broken spoke !’ is closed to new replies.