Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • AV – a quick question
  • cb

Do you have to rank the candidates or can you still opt to vote for just one?

kimbers

yes you can still vote for just one

thebunk

I think you can just put 1, so AV still allows FPTP style voting if you really wanted to.

Junkyard
    Free Member

yes only australia makes you vote and transfer it

alfabus
    Free Member

not even all of australia… according to R4 this morning, NSW has the same system which is proposed for here.

convert

or 2 – as many a you think deserve your vote.

Not perfect by any stretch, but imo better that what we currently have. Government is a compromise – and I’d rather be ruled by a party that at least half the populous indicated they are vaguely happy to be governed by rather than one that only a minority voted for as we have had for the last god knows how long.

As a PR supporter, I’m voting for AV if for no other reason than Cameron vetoed having PR on the referendum form and AV is the one of the two he did sanction that he does not like. That and a vote for change might get us to PR eventually whilst a vote for the status-quo will see me trudging to the polling booth for another 30yrs to put a tick in a box that will have absolutely not effect on the result locally or nationally (safe tory seat secured every time by <38% of the votes but far enough ahead of the rest that it will never change hands).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘AV – a quick question’ is closed to new replies.