Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Autumn is here….recommend me a gilet
  • KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

As the weather is now getting cooler and Autumn is upon us I’d like a new gilet for riding. My Polaris one is over 6 years old and needs replacing but recent attempts to find a replacement have failed.

The Morvelo Hemispehere large was too small. As was Gore’s Element AS. Yet the Gore XL was too big. Any recommendations or others I should consider?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Do Gore not have 2 fits? A sort of relaxed fit and a race fit IIRC. I have a couple of Gore softshells, Phantom and Alp-X, and they are far more versatile than a gilet with both having removable sleeves.

iainc

I have the Gore AS one which is great. I also have the £20 Decathlon one which is every bit as good and less that 1/3 the price 🙂

this one

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    nicks
    Free Member

Morvelo in XL ?

Really happy with mine and nice to have pockets …

brassneck

Those Morvelo ones look fuinctionally perfect but I just don’t like the designs :-/ – any others with open rear pockets?

fasthaggis

I got a Scott Hellium from a PSA on here(thanks DezB),it is most excellent and will be my go to item in the coming months.
    Keep an eye on Start Cycles if they have any sales on

benp1

I have a proper roadie fit Scott vest from the Start Cycles PSA last year, it’s ace

The Gore stuff with zip off sleeves is pretty good too, I have one of those as well

benp1

Actually, I bought a primaloft gilet for cycling in recently, primaloft front and normal back. Figured it would be good for chilly rides at lower intensity

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

If it’s for the road you might want to consider something reflective:

Proviz

edenvalleyboy
    Free Member

The cheaper Endura gilet for Autumn and then a Paramo gilet for proper winter rides..those two work well IMO.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

+ another for Scott at Start Cycles. Permanently on massive discounts, loads of choice; I have a thin basic one (small enough to fit in roadie jersey pocket) and a Gore Windstopper (which isn’t).

They are roadie fit.

honourablegeorge

Just noticed that Intrepid Apparels’ rather lovely softshell Gilet is reduced to £30

I’ve nabbed one myself.

http://www.intrepidapparel.co.uk/pioneer-gilet

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

Did you receive your gilet from Intrepid Apparel honourablegeorge?

I also ordered one and got the email confirmations to inform me the order was complete (15/9) yet have received nothing. They’ve not responded to my email and the phone number rings through to VM.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Autumn is here….recommend me a gilet’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts