Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Autumn has arrived I reckon
  • TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Last few days I've noticed a big change in the feel of the weather. It just feels like autumn is upon us now. I reckon we'll still get some decent weather in, but summer has definately gone for good

AndyRT
    Free Member

autumn is the new summer

3 years on the trot that August has been a little wet….trend? I think so

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Well, the weekend looks lovely darn sarf, especially Devon & Cornwall where we're starting a 12 day cycling/camping holiday on Saturday 😀

Simon

It was cracking the flags here yesterday, don't think summer's over just yet.

IdleJon

Autumn is about a bit more than the weather surely?

Have leaves started changing colour, has the summer wildlife started leaving and winter migrants started arriving, do the constellations in the sky still show the summer stars?

Or is it just bad weather through a rainy August? 🙄

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Whatever the weather, just ride.

IdleJon

AndyRT – Member
    autumn is the new summer

3 years on the trot that August has been a little wet….trend? I think so

If you look at average rainfall (in this part of the world anyway), August tends to be more rainy than any of the months that precede apart from January, with a lot more rain than July, normally.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/climate/uk/averages/19712000/sites/tenby.html

ooOOoo
    Free Member

leaves dropping round here, I think the plants have made their minds up

messiah
    Free Member

Ferns going brown, heather blooming purple, blae and snow berries ready to eat… but I am up north

Vortexracing

Big flock of geese flew over very early this morbning whilst I was having my brekkie, this is what I use as the first sign of autumn.

It has happened consistently over the past few years.

tails
    Free Member

Wish I was a goose so I could fly of somewhere nice, or do they fly to cold places. Swallows go to africa right?

Pieface

All things being equal, August is the 8th month out of 12 so ought to be bad really

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Jon, like the link to the Met Office averages, not seen that before thanks! 🙂

Not round here though 🙂

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/climate/uk/averages/19712000/sites/wisley.html

jam-bo

i like the fact that in my nearest location (Princetown) all the stats for sunshine are N/A.
    princetown

Sam

jeez, I was hoping this was spring, not seen much sign of summer yet…

molgrips
    Free Member

Wow, Cardiff really is one of the wettest places in the UK!

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/climate/uk/averages/19712000/sites/cardiff.html

jam-bo

Wow, Cardiff really is one of the wettest places in the UK!

pah, i see your paltry 1111mm and raise you 1974mm….

molgrips
    Free Member

Where?

jam-bo

Dartmoor.

flip
    Free Member

Just got back from a week in Sandbanks, weather was pants 😥

Only one day on the beach out of 7. Nice sunsets though this ones over Poole Harbour:

molgrips
    Free Member

Up in the hills, that doesn't count. I'm sure Snowdon summit gets even more.

I think Cardiff is the wettest CITY in the UK.

mtbfix

Out in the woods Tuesday night the trails had that distinct feeling of different tyres being required. I'll hold on on sketchy summer treads for two weeks during which time the rain will continue to blight my trips. Naturally if I shove something grippier on a long overdue indian summer will settle over us.

Bunnyhop

Next door neighbour's virginia creeper has gone a gorgeous reddy, gold colour and leaves are dropping.

Apart from Sunday when it was hot, sunny and very overcrowded in the Peak district with ramblers and mtbers, the summer has been really wet for us.

markinoxon
    Free Member

Pieface – All things being equal, August is the 8th month out of 12 so ought to be bad really

Can someone explain this to me please?

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Autumn has arrived I reckon’ is closed to new replies.