Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Autotrader ad views to calls ratio..
  • nickewen
    Free Member

Put my motor up for sale a week ago and since then had 400+ ad views but not a single call.. Is this “normal” in anyone else’s experience?

Getting a little worried as I need it gone in time for new motor arriving.. I think the petrol/diesel prices have decimated the value of a car with 3 litre 6 pot petrol lump! Bollocks.

vorlich
    Free Member

Dunno about views, but but no **** interest at all IME.

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

just sold mine on ebay with a starting price of 99p. Was a bit twitchy for the first few days but got a reasonable price for it eventually.

Sold a previous car on Auto Trader, had loads of calls and the first guy to come along bought it. As far as I was concerned it was a knackered eight year old Zafira which burnt oil like nobody’s business but people went wild for it.

spooky_b329

I’ve been religiously checking eBay daily for a rare spec of van I want, auto trader, didn’t check it at all for 3 months and now look about once every 2 weeks.

chainslapp
    Free Member

212 views in 9 days and not one call here for me….. 🙁

andy4d

Is it priced to sell. Sold mine, a couple of hundred views, 4 calls, 1st to see it bought it. Same car was 2,000 to about 2,500 plus,sold mine for 1900. Better than waiting weeks for 100 quid imo. Told buyer its 1900 take it or leave it, no haggling, he took it.

butcher

If you need it gone, maybe you need to drop the price a little? Either that or sell it a bit better in the description.

Autotrader’s probably a bit of a funny one these days, because there’s so many ways to sell a car, and it’s so easy, a lot of people just put a massive price on, and leave it up for sale, for months. As such, if you look around for ball park prices, they’re often inflated a fair bit. Some people will go for them eventually, but the sensible will keep on looking.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Mine was on for 6 weeks, 1200 views, 4 phone calls, 2 tyre kicking visits. Then it sold to a passer by who saw advert in window of the car.

Autotrader offered me some package were it went on all these different sites at a reduced rate as it didn’t sell in the first month, i bought it and I think they saw me coming… Waste of time.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Put my motor up for sale a week ago and since then had 400+ ad views but not a single call.. Is this “normal” in anyone else’s experience?

Never looked at the view count but in a general sales principle, your Ad does enough from the view to get people to look but something in the detail stops them calling.

Making it more simplistic, what is it that makes your ad overpriced compared to others?

Other one is someone has linked your ad to poke fun at it somewhere like this…

I think the petrol/diesel prices have decimated the value of a car with 3 litre 6 pot petrol lump! Bollocks.

So you asking what you want not what it’s worth?

hora
    Free Member

Whats the car tax on it OP? That puts people off too. I’ve found ebay/gumtree better than autotrader nowadays.

mtbmaff
    Free Member

Same problem for us, loads of views but very little phone enquires, in fact the guy from auto trader phoned more, trying to sell us better packages.
    Did sell in the end, 2 calls and one local buyer, but wouldn’t bother again with auto trader.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Gumtree ime just attracts tire kickers and wierdos.

Was selling a 300 quid c1 with motand honest description for a mate and got nothing but clowns turning up telling me it needed xyz – 100 quid cash,

Eh – no . Its 300 quid cash. go away.

Oh and it did sell, by for sale sign in window and parked at the end of the road.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Gumtree ime just attracts tire kickers and wierdos.

I thought you said Gumtree was best for buying? 😀

Another thing to bear in mind is that some folk might be a fair distance away, I search within 100 miles but unfortunately that includes a fair section of Northern Ireland, not spending daft money to view something that could be a dog. Plus folk like window shopping.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Thats probably why folk are surprised when im buying off gumtree that i – turn up when i say i will or phone to explain why i might be late, i offer the asking price or near – if i dont feel its worth near or not as described then i just say its a bit dear or a rotter and leave, ime , it seems folk either dont turn up or turn up to try and insult you*

Ive had decent experiqnces selling on local facebook groups recently.

* its often said that if your first offer on a house doesnt insult its too high- to me it just means your being a knob.

bruneep

Oh and it did sell, by for sale sign in window and parked at the end of the road.

Aye your neighbours bought it to stop your lowering the tone 😉

I heard that they are just waiting for that blue scrapheap to go up for sale.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Thats no way to talk about the mrs berlingo !

nickewen
    Free Member

Thanks for the input all. I guess it’s more of a “chaotic” system than I’d given credit.. with more factors involved. Tax is a couple hundred quid a year and I’m up North which isn’t helping I guess. I’m going to print an advert and stick it in the window now though!

I think it’s priced to go but maybe I will have to reduce in a few days time.. It’s on there for less than similar cars that are a bit newer/lesser miles. However mine is fully loaded with options and the others on there just look very basic/a bit grubby!

Cheers

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Autotrader ad views to calls ratio..’ is closed to new replies.