Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Autoglass chip repair
  • Flaperon

Had a chip repaired on my car by Autoglass before handing it back to leasing company. Technician doing repair forgot to give me paperwork for guarantee.

Leasing company now want the better part of £1k for a replacement windscreen (normally the Autoglass documentation is good enough for chip repairs).

Autoglass have been asked on several occasions, over the last 3 weeks, by phone and email to provide the invoice that they forgot to give me. They’ve promised on each time that it’ll be emailed out straight away (with a copy in the post) but nothing has turned up.

If I paid the lease company charge, do you think I stand any chance of recovering this from Autoglass in the small claim court?

“IANAL but” advice gratefully appreciated…

allthepies
    Free Member

Dunno but Autoglass were featured on BBC Watchdog this week.

Suffice to say, you don’t normally get on there for providing outstanding service 🙂

How did the lease car firm know the glass had been replaced BTW ? Did you inform them ? (Curious as I have a lease car with a cracked windscreen currently)

project
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b060k9ns Did a programe feature about autoglass and its poor customer care etc. should be on iplayer.

andyl
    Free Member

Call autoglass, ask to speak to manager, tell him/her you will remain on the phone as they email out the document to you.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Autoglass chip repair’ is closed to new replies.