• This topic has 9 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by kevj.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Autocad assistance required (linetypes)
  • donks
    Free Member

I have several linetypes set up for M&E services…gas, water, LV etc but i need to get ones with data or comms etc. I am really struggling with building my own and have found a few on cadtutor and other free download sites but not what i need. I dont seem to be able to edit the ones in the program, just the titles but not the annotation on the line….So does anyone either have a few they could send me or assist with your far superior knowledge. Just for reference Im using 2013 LT so have no access to express tools(if this matters?)

ads678

Open the linetype file as a text file and copy the info from one of the other linetypes and replace ‘gas’ with ‘comms’, then save the text file.

you should then be able to import the new linetype.

I haven’t done it for a while though………….

kevj
    Free Member

ads678 – Member

Open the linetype file as a text file and copy the info from one of the other linetypes and replace ‘gas’ with ‘comms’, then save the text file.

you should then be able to import the new linetype.

I haven’t done it for a while though………….

This (been a while for me too), but you will need to play around with spaces and dots as the line part of the line will interfere with the words, specifically if your replace a 3 letter word ‘GAS’ with a longer one ‘MAINS ELECTRIC‘.

donks
    Free Member

im having some real trouble opening the LTfile as a text file, i take it i have to find its location first then open it in say wordpad or something?

scruff
    Free Member

I remember you could change the font type aswell, I once did a Skull & Crossbones linetype using Wingdings or something. Living life on the edge.

scruff
    Free Member

i think you just change the filename *.lin to *.txt

kevj
    Free Member

Or right click ‘OPEN WITH’.

donks
    Free Member

Ok please bear with me here.

ive found the *.Lin files and opened in wordpad but there seem to be about 10 files with Linetypes in them and ive tried editing some of these but to no avail. Is there a specific file i.e ACADLT or ACADLTISO etc that i need to attack?

donks
    Free Member

Yes…

good work fella’s

ill need to change spacings etc like stated but I think I have it.

god bless the forum

kevj
    Free Member

Yes…

good work fella’s

ill need to change spacings etc like stated but I think I have it.

god bless the forum

[/geekmode]

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Autocad assistance required (linetypes)’ is closed to new replies.