Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Auto mapping tools on OS maps
  • andyfla
    Free Member

I am looking to come up with running and mtb routes, I am wondering if anyone has done the garmin/map my run/strava route auto mapping functions (keep to road – or in this case footpath/bridlepath)for OS maps – so getting rights of way, not just roads in ?

The reason I ask is I am looking to do longer (up to 100km) bike route and doing that without the auto functions is a pain in the proverbials.

Thanks in advance for all the sage advice

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

gpx track in google maps. overlay gpx track onto OS map tiles. You get a little discrepancy, but it is a pretty good match these days.

andyfla
    Free Member

Doesn’t google maps snap you to roads ?

GrahamS
    andyfla
    Free Member

cheers, my bad jedi powers failed to find any usefull threads

andyfla
    Free Member

Having a look and where’s the path works well but its going to intro a huge error over 100k with me just clicking on the route – always assumed OS would come out with a decent way of following the rights of way – bit like google did with roads

CountZero

If you install Viewranger on the smartphone of your choice, you can track any trip you do, regardles of the right of way, and export the route.

andyfla
    Free Member

Count, I shall have a look at that but it is really in the planning stage I want to use the maps

CountZero

With Viewranger you can install the app with the base map, then set up an account and download map tiles in 1:50k, 1:25k, or both for whater area is needed at any given time.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Auto mapping tools on OS maps’ is closed to new replies.