Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Austrian Alpine Club Insurance
  • bikenski
    Free Member

Does anyone have experience of using/claiming with Austrian Alpine Club? I am going to be in France for a few months both mountain biking and skiing and looking for long stay cover. It looks as if Austrian Alpine will be good for mountain rescue – any thoughts? (I will have a long stay cover insurance for general medical/baggage – though I am not sure which one yet, so any thoughts on that will be good too).

Thanks

jambalaya
    Free Member

For skiing in France Carte Neige is excellent and setup for all season coversge if you want. I’ll check re biking.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

It’s what I’ve always gone for over 20years of alpine mountaineering. Like you say, it’s only for the search and rescue elements. Never needed rescuing tho.

chickenman

+1 for the AAC. If you were heli-rescued in Switzerland you’d probably have to sell your house!!

slowoldman

I used to get mine through BMC though that was largely due to the discount for being affiliated through club membership.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

My gut feeling is that it is a general search and rescue, heli evac policy, doesn’t really matter what sport you are actually doing or at what altitude you’re doing it at. Certainly, on some trips, we’ve had bad weather days on MTB’s when alpine mountaineering was off and I’ve always assumed I’m still covered. I don’t think you’ve any worries about skiing, there’ll be loads of ski mountaineers in the club, using the same policy.

bikenski
    Free Member

Great. Thanks all.

santacruzsi
    Free Member

I’ve used them for 15 years and wouldn’t be without it . The membership also allows discount hut use and reciprocal rights. The insurance I’ve thankfully not needed but gives a good level of cover.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Austrian Alpine Club Insurance’ is closed to new replies.