Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Austria in September
  • thepodge
    Free Member

Anyone have any riding experience of Austria in September?

I’ll be over there for the first two weeks near Salzburg and wouldn’t mind getting some riding in. I’ll have the wife with me so it’d need to be blue / red UK trail grade.

Thanks

dafoxster
    Free Member

I live in Villach, so only a couple of hours south of Salzburg. I only have one September under my belt but I know that September can be changeable weatherwise. Although last year I had fantastic weather at least 1 day each weekend until October.

I would definitely head over to Saalbach. The lift system is open until the end of September and there are trails for all abilities. I was there the weekend before last and rode most of the trails. For blue type trails I would go for the Milka Line and the Blue Line. For Red lines I the Z-line was great (things like wall rides can be avoided with ease), the Hacklberg trail was longer and fantastic, and the Panorama trail. I also rode the X-line which was fantastic but above Red level. I did not ride much over nearer Leongang.

Other than Saalbach I can tell you about more riding in Carinthia but not near Salzburg.

thepodge
    Free Member

Thanks for that, I’ll have to get a map out and see how long it’ll take to get to these places

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Austria in September’ is closed to new replies.