Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 123 total)
  • Australian World track champion pleads guilty to child sex charges
  • BillyWhizz
    Free Member

Story on Cyclingnews.com

"Jamieson excused himself from the Australian national track team last February, shortly after being nominated for the World Championships. He cited personal reasons."

waynekerr
    Free Member

He's not exactly a kiddy fiddler though, at 15 years old, girls can look much older & very inviting, they may even set out to deliberately con him/get money out of him, or whatever as he is in the public eye. What he has done is illegal & wrong but I think he may be getting a raw deal.

ton

borderline case i think.

wwaswas

waynekerr – there's absolutely no indication of the circumstances of the case in that article so unless you've other sources I'd say that blaming the girls for looking 'older and inviting' and saying he's getting a 'raw deal' isn't very fair on the victims?

GaryLake
    Free Member

ton – but she was underage… sex crimes against children is a definite hanging offence no?

😉

MarkDatz
    Free Member

WTF she's like a growen up and was in to it so it's not like he's a pedo or whateva

jedi

at 15 they are still minors.

its wrong!!!

Edukator
    Free Member

It wouldn't be illegal if he lived in a civilised country. In Spain for example the age of consent is 13, France and Denmark 15… .

retro83
    Free Member

WTF she's like a growen up and was in to it so it's not like he's a pedo or whateva

😆

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

hmmm, once might be a mistake, but two different girls ?

BTW I read the title as "…child sex changes" and thought that odd…

wwaswas

How does the legal age of consent have anything to do with being civilized?

MarkDatz
    Free Member

Dude there's loads of hot 15 yearold chicks that u can't tell so if u don't no then your not like a pedo

ton

of course it is wrong….
    but have you seen some teenage girls nowadays.
    gentlemen looking for fun with you ladies need to check the girls birth certificate beforehand……….. 😆

iDave
    Free Member

if u don't no then your not like a pedo

maybe you should make sure you find out, so that you're not convicted of being a paedo?

are you a student? you're remarkably retarded, both morally and in terms of your ability to write

but have you seen some teenage girls nowadays.

yes, they look like children – common sense tells you they're quite young

wwaswas

I can't believe how many people on this thread think that sex with minors is perfectly acceptable and ought to be available to them within the law.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

"pleaded guilty to multiple child sex charges" – two cases cited here, one stating the victim was 15, the other simply stating "a girl under 16 years old" – without knowing how much under this age she was, it makes some of the (already worrying) comments even more worrying. This obviously wasnt an isolated incident, for gods sake, its indefensible.
    Edukator – he's an adult, they were kids.
    Mark Datz – I'm really not sure what to say in reply to your posts.

MarkDatz
    Free Member

Well that's like just your opinin dude so we need to agree to disagree

wwaswas

MArk Datz – Occupation: Student

Just as well, you still have a lot to learn.

Gordy
    Free Member

Were they coal miners or diamond miners?

MarkDatz
    Free Member

Dude this is like listening to my gramma

Jamie
    Free Member

Were they coal miners or diamond miners?

A small part of me thought the thread would somehow dodge the most obvious joke.

Damn you STW. Damn you!

Gordy
    Free Member

Don't be silly, Jamie. Are you new here?

;O)

Jamie
    Free Member

Far from new. I blame myself to be honest 😉

wwaswas

"Dude this is like listening to my gramma"

Well, I've got to put up with all the aspiring Gary Glitters…

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Ah well, time to stand up and be counted I suppose. Last year, there was a thread on here about Roman Polanski, and following my comments regarding some of the more 'sympathetic' posts, I recieved a lot of grief from one or two people. Well, I'll say it again – sex with children is both illegal and f***ing WRONG. This is not exactly rocket science, surely? Please, less of the 'uncivilised age of consent' crap, and the rest of the excuses. Stop and think about it.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Run away.

carlosg
    Free Member

Got a mate who was rudely awoken at 2am one morning to an angry father , something along the lines of ' You sick f'in bast' ,you've been with my little girl ,she's only 15! '

Trouble was he'd been seeing her for nearly 3 months and had met her in a 21+ nightclub! , How the hell was he supposed to know? eventually the father calmed down and listened to my mates explanation .

My mate broke of the relationship , poor girl she was spoiled for life he was donkeylike in stature!!

MarkDatz
    Free Member

Exackly

crazy-legs

What he's been charged with is "unlawful sexual intercourse" which is what they call it when the girl consents but is below the legal age of consent.

In some European countries it wouldn't cause comment, in Australia (as in the UK), it's illegal.

tiggs121
    Free Member

for all you guys who think it's ok to have underage sex because some girls appear to be older ask yourself this………..if the girl in question was your daughter would you be happy to have a 25 year old man sleeping with her??

Mark Datz – either a troll or a complete moron? Which is it "dude"?

Gordy
    Free Member

*waves white flag*

No jokes this time, I promise.

I think every reasonable person can agree that, for example, a 19-year-old man having sex with his 15-year-old girlfriend is very different from a 12-year-old being raped. Some greyness inevitably creeps in as the younger partner's age approaches the age of consent.

What seems clear to me is that grown men shouldn't be knobbing schoolkids, regardless of the age of consent.

That's for the record. I think I'll give this thread a wide berth now. :O)

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

crazy legs – he was also charged with gross indecency against a girl under the age of 16. WTF is wrong with some of the people on here?
    Mods – you closed a thread last friday because of some dodgy comments people were making – care to comment on this one?

Edukator
    Free Member

if the girl in question was your daughter would you be happy to have a 25 year old man sleeping with her??

She wants to, he treats her well, they use a condom: yes.

I believe the law should mirror physical/mental sexual maturity rather than impose an artificial limit. That means 14/15 IMO. German law strikes a balance with it's 14 – 16 range. 14 with a partner over 21 only if there is no exploitation of immaturity. In practice this rules out prostitution and homosexuality with 14 year olds for over 21s. It also puts the onus on the older partner not to exploit.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

"I believe the law should mirror physical/mental sexual maturity rather than impose an artificial limit. That means 14/15 IMO"
    Seriously?

kimbers

some very worrying comments on here

a guy is charegd with having sex with one 15 year old and one girl under the age of 16

and quite a few people on here think thats fine because they were probably dressed provocatively

infact they want the age of consent to be lowered below 16

its paedotrackworld

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

It's not just about legality, it's also about morality – As someone who works with paedophiles on a day to day basis, I'm used to hearing comments made to excuse behaviour all too regularly, and while I'm at work, I have to deal with it professionally. I'm not at work today, so I feel justified in saying that having read some of the remarks made so far, one or two of you have got some serious f***ing issues.

Edukator
    Free Member

It's not in the dress though is it. It's in the behaviour, the body language, the language and the physique. Check any medically sound source and you'll find that while the age is variable depending on race, diet and other factors, at 15 the vast majority of women are women.

My profession brought me into contact with a good number of girls/women in the 14-16 range and I wouldn't put more than a tenner on betting the age of any of them to within less than two years. Personally I've never had sex with anyone under the age of 18 BTW.

Edit: watch "Noce Blanche" Mitch.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

"at 15 the vast majority of women are women."
    No, they're kids.

wwaswas

Edukator – #lookign older than they are' is not a reason for dropping the age of consent – you then just end up with the same problem with 12/13 year olds, surely?

And anyone who thinks that any 15 year old is emotionally mature enough to have a meaningful emotional or physical relationship with someone else (of any age) really does need their head looking into.

crikey
    Free Member

I chatted to a girl in a nightclub, arranged to see her again at her house, with her mum and dad there, and she then told me she was 15. I was 22, so I made my excuses and left.

It's a simple moral choice, and an even simpler legal one.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 123 total)

The topic ‘Australian World track champion pleads guilty to child sex charges’ is closed to new replies.