Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Australian version of CRC/Wiggle?
  • radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

Hey antipodean forum dwellers!

Where do you shop online for bike kit?

Royston
    Free Member

I’m in NZ and a lot of the time it’s less expensive to have stuff sent from the UK/Germany than buy here.

MoreCashThanDash

The Australian Wiggles do my head in!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

CRC & Wiggle ship here tax free.

These days I shop local, they put a lot into the community and I’ve got a great bike shop that I prefer to support.

Some things are not competitive here but plenty can be.

Where are you based?

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

Sydney CBD. The LBS is nice but pretty spendy.

How long does a CRC delivery take?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

3 days-3 weeks for tassie, though it does spend a while sat in Sydney or Melb some times, also depends on when you order.

If your living in Sydney CBD then you should expect everything to be spendy!

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

Tell me about it! I bought a pre-loved road bike and then spent nearly the same money again on shoes, pedals and one (one!) jersey in the shop.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yeah I just picked up 3 pairs of NF riding shorts for $40/pair 3 sets of bib shorts cheap and Shimano brakes at less than CRC but we are in Tassie…

antigee

not been in Melbourne that long but don’t think any of the Au online retailers have the depth of range of Wiggle or CRC plus delivery is actually quicker from the UK!

I do try to support our LBS but its more of a specialized boutique than any in depth stock and that even includes specialized stuff

Cell bikes have a shop in Melbourne but think main store and internet warehouse thingy is in Sydney decent range and some bargains – people seem keen on Torpedo7 but too patchy on stock and range for my liking
    Have used cyclingdeal.com.au (Melbourne based but many km away so get delivered) for some parts and are good on end of range stuff and service but need to read description carefully – is it shimano or shimano compatible asian hinterland cheese?

don’t think that helped much

edit just remembered http://www.cyclingsports.com.au clothes – just round corner from me but have a bigger web presence than shop – very nice people indeed

munrobiker
    Free Member

I used to love my LBS in Sydney but they were indeed pricey.

I got most stuff from CRC when I was out there.

perthmtb
    Free Member

I shop mainly at CRC, Wiggle & Bike-Components.de

There are a few online stores trying to emulate them in Oz, but they have higher overheads and lower volumes so can’t match the prices or range of stock, and being in the ‘wild’ west it takes me as long to get things sent from over east as it does from Europe.

Also, being Australian the service is a little er…. laid back 😀

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

Also, being Australian the service is a little er…. laid back

Too easy, mate

mikewsmith
    Free Member

no worries mate, you brought some beers round

NZCol

torpedo7 ?

0pt1cal
    Free Member

CRC for parts, DHL to the door in Melbourne in 3 days. Merlin are also good. Don’t use Wiggle as they will not leave at the door!

The best in Oz is Pushy’s as they can even beat CRC prices and I have a decent range. I also put a fair chunk of gear mostly frames, forks, wheels and shocks through my local LBS….they give me 30% off RRP for most purchases.

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

Thanks all

WildHunter2009

CRC and Merlin here, im often astonished quite how quickly they can get stuff to Perth! I try and use various LBS for consumables and I have bought a frame out here. Jerseys and the ilk are astonishingly expensive though.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Australian version of CRC/Wiggle?’ is closed to new replies.