Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Australia Out bit of a shock!
  • Dimmadan
    Free Member

Good game.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Tee hee

scaredypants

now they’ll just be angry for the ashes !

chvck
    Free Member

Loved that shot that one of the SR guys played, so awesomely awful…practically scooping the ball up over his own head for four 😀

theotherjonv

was Sangakarra’s batting really described on the commentary as ‘scientific hitting’? LOL. May I then point out that a significant proportion of his runs were scored in the area known scientifically as ‘bovine 90 degrees’

I’m struggling however to find a scientific term to describe how far the other guy hit Brett Lee. In non-scientific terms – I’d say a **** of a long way!

And Aussie’s reward for their early exit – is a fortnight in Leicester. Rather harsh punishment, that.

epicyclo

Australia should be banned from playing cricket.

That would stop the spread of PSSS* each year.

*PSSS = Pommy Summer Sobbing Syndrome

aracer
    Free Member

That would stop the spread of PSSS* each year.

Yeah, we had a lot of that last time they (you?) were here 🙄

epicyclo

CMLS* – common affliction in Oz but happens much less frequently than PSSS in UK 🙂

Collective Memory Loss Syndrome

zokes
    Free Member

epicyclo – Member

CMLS* – common affliction in Oz but happens much less frequently than PSSS in UK

Collective Memory Loss Syndrome

CGS – Chris Gayle Syndrome – a new problem founded by the aussies!

Funny, but in cricketing terms, it doesn’t seem to be “as long as we beat the English”, more: “as long as we can send the aussies packing”. I wonder why? Could it be punter’s humble demeanour? 😀

epicyclo

Don’t worry, the current Oz cricket mob will be cast into fiery vats of molten steel and a new team will be forged. The scum that floats to the top will be sent overseas to play county cricket to help retard growth of local talent.

(where they might learn to eat with a knife and fork and drink warm beer)

PS don’t try and confuse me by mentioning names – I don’t watch or play cricket – except I noticed that the best catch of the week was by a Scotsman. BTW what is the world coming to when the Dutch are winning at cricket?

bigrich

the ozzie media was full of glee that england lost to holland, then it all went a bit quiet when they lost the first match. Now they are out, you wouldn’t know there was a world cup on.

waihiboy
    Free Member

not a massive cricket fan but have to admit recently got sky sports for the lions and have got hooked on the 20/20…. it’s quite funny seeing them being pushed into fancy shots to score the runs.

you cant beat the darts commentary for laughs though!

psychle
    Free Member

CMLS: Collective Memory Loss Syndrome

We had a lot of that last time they (you?) were here

CMLS isn’t as bad as the English affliction of LITP: Living in the Past 😀 Anyone want to remember the glory of 1966 (again & again & again)? 🙄

Twenty20 isn’t really cricket and you can’t take any form out of it, luck has a huge part to play (as it does in all forms of cricket I guess, but much more so in this uber short format…)

Now we have 2 weeks off to prepare for the 5-0 ass-whipping we’re about to hand out this Ashes (and yes I have a punt on this one, my money is where my mouth is 😀 )

MRanger156
    Free Member

Does anyone else think most of the SR bowling attack chuck it?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Yes, I was watching the highlights last night waiting to see our win over Bangladesh. It was that guy Malinger…I couldn’t believe he gets away with that action. Looked nothing like I’ve ever seen. As you could guess from the team I support, I know little about the bowling rules…but his looked plain weird…something to do with the fact that he keeps his arm straight?

grumm
    Free Member

Keeping your arm straight is what you are meant to do isn’t it?

maxray
    Free Member

locked elbow and above the shoulder essentially. He grew up playing beach cricket where that sort of delivery is really good as it makes the ball skit across the sand.

Does look like hes chuckin it though 🙂 I was more impressed with their young spinner, he is going to terrorise people.. Pontings face when he got bowled.. lol.

MRanger156
    Free Member

Yeah, or if its bent it has to stay bent through your action.

zokes
    Free Member

BTW what is the world coming to when the Dutch are winning at cricket?

Ironically, the only aussie left in the tournament is their best player 😆

We underestimated them, and they went for it. A bit like you and the windies, only less of a spanking on our part…

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Australia Out bit of a shock!’ is closed to new replies.