Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Austerity – we are all in it together
  • Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Binners, can I be in charge of administering Chinese Burns to those what we don’t like?

PLEEEEEAAASSSEEE??????

molgrips
    Free Member

What would happen if we offered them a decent Merlot from ASDA for a tenner…..would they start a war with us ?

Hmm.. I wonder if certain people would take their business elsewhere if we did that…?

binners

You certainly can sir. And ash trays. We;ll be needing those. I’ll be making smoking in pubs compulsory too.

Drink?….

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Take their business where? Surely, if our British industries and services truly are World-class, then they’ll speak on their own merits, and no rely on the pouring of poncy grape juice to secure deals.

Although I do like the free sweeties you get from Charlie Bike Monger and Wiggle….

If those in Parliament really want to set an example for us all to follow, then why don’t they each bring a bottle or two from home, to add to the cellars?

Not like they can’t afford it.

Probbly charge it to their ‘expenses’ anyway….

cynic-al
    Free Member

coffeeking – Member
    I love people who take things to the extreme in STW posts, makes me chuckle but sometimes I almost think they’re being serious.

Wow, TJ has trolled us all? Genius TJ, chapeau!

This is a close second, but even I know Fred isn’t this naive/stupid:

Elfinsafety – Member
    ‘You have to endure cuts, but we’ll not bother with that and instead just sit here sipping fine wine’.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I wonder if certain people would take their business elsewhere if we did that…?

Fair point. Maybe we can also slip them a few quid in brown envelops…..just to smooth business along like.

binners

Maybe we can also slip them a few quid in brown envelops…..just to smooth business along like.

Well… by the sounds of it a knighthood and a couple of million in bungs would have got us the world cup. As it was, we spent £18 million on the bid and no fecker voted for us. Its brown envelopes suffed with cash from now on

The logic is irrefutable. This man told me

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Very Terribles! 😀

binners

He’s a beacon of hope and a shining example to us all Fred 😀

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Look at that coat. Lovely bit of schmutter…

molgrips
    Free Member

Maybe we can also slip them a few quid in brown envelops…..just to smooth business along like

So how d’you think it works now then?

binners

molgrips – are you seriously suggesting that … lets pick someone at random….erm, the Saudi Royal Family would do something like… oh I don’t know… buy 27 squillion quids worth of fighter jets for any other reason than it was, like, the bestest ever plane in the world? Ever

Are you suggesting money changed hands? You’re so cynical you’ll be trying to tell me there were naked women and cocaine in luxury hotels involved next. P’ah!

Macgyver

I suspect that they haven’t spent 2 mill on booze. Heck buying wine and speculating on it’s value increasing has been going on for years. They buy a few cases of a good vintage – pre buying it before it hits the market to get it at good value. drink half, keep half and with a bit of luck resale down the line covers your costs. You might even make some money.

Heck, say 15 quid a bottle, that’s 3000 bottles for you 45k, that’s less then 10 bottles of plonk a day. Hardly excessive is it.

Now if they are piddling up the walls for their own fun, it’s not on but if its official functions is it that bigger deal?

MrSalmon
    Free Member

I was suitably outraged when I thought it was for MPs to dip into for something to have with their lunch. But having read the story it’s a bit of a non-issue really IMO. I’m all for symbolism and principle but not if it’s a worse option than the alternative.

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Austerity – we are all in it together’ is closed to new replies.