Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Aussies: National Broadband Network
  • aphex_2k
    Free Member

Anyone got it yet? How is it? FTTP or to the cab?

We’re not getting it until 2015. Such a pi55 poor line I can a barely get 7 meg and 300k up. Virtually impossible to Skype as the speed drops and often loses sync. There’s many things I like about Australia and a few I really dislike, nay, hate.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

When you say 2015 I assume thats what the old NBN co said not the new Turnball NBN co which is busy tearing up plans and working out how expensive it will all be…. Heard some mixed reports from over here but not from any actual individuals with it.

NZCol

It won’t happen by 2015 as per previous post. Sorry. Been working on it.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

We shall see. The next ‘burb has it (but they also have million dollar beach front new developement).

Might be easier to move there…

2015 is what the NBN site states. I guess that’s a grain of salt statement.

nzcol… you’re working on it? Then work harder dude. 🙂

tarquin
    Free Member

Standard Telstra ADSL here, get about 4 meg down…

Faster to use my mobile as we are 4G enabled in Bathurst.

Way ahead of the UK having 4G in most regional towns, yet ten years behind in home broadband speed…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

2015 is what the NBN site states. I guess that’s a grain of salt statement.

It then says this

This website is currently under review, pending the introduction of new Government policy.
    Some content may not be current. You should not rely solely on this information.

The only commitment is for where the work has already started, like here but there is no way we are going to be done by the end of the year despite being “under construction”

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Perth CBD has 4g but everywhere else is classed as rural!

aphex_2k
    Free Member

MikeSmith

If the gov can’t supply the info… where else are we supposed to look?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

they can but not sure if you heard the new government policy is a big change from the old one and they sacked the entire board and asked them to redraw all the plans. You might need to wait a while (pay more money) to find out.

kiwijohn

They stopped 100m short of my house. 🙁
    The are still supposed to be hooking us up soon going over ground, so fingers crossed.

bigrich

a 275k signature petition went to Turnbull last week to keep it optic, and telstra have said the copper network is about to collapse.

but the government has a “no carbon tax, stop the boats” majority, so they’ll do what they want.

zokes
    Free Member

If the gov can’t supply the info… where else are we supposed to look?

The Indonesian papers seem to have a better grasp of current political affairs than our papers, thanks to the feckless **** gobshites who are now in charge.

But, on the NBN front, at least (for now) our ADSL2+ serves us well:

And that’s on a Sunday evening.

Just a pity there isn’t such a passable workaround for most of the other **** stupid dimwitted ‘policies’ these **** seem to be implementing. **** Cameron would be a relief by comparison to that brainless ape.

konabunny
    Free Member

telstra have said the copper network is about to collapse…

…and they’ll need public money…

bigrich

…and they’ll need public money…

privatisation is awesome, isn’t it?

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Zokes my Speedtest says faster than 12% of Australia. ADSL2+ with ADSL speeds on a very good day (read: 3am Tuesday mornings). Any other time it’s gash. It’s useable but not comfortable. Pings of 120+ and unless they replace the line to the exchange, which is only 1.4km away (0.98km as the crow walks). Makes me wonder just what state the 1.5km of copper to the exchange is in!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Aussies: National Broadband Network’ is closed to new replies.