• This topic has 25 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Audley Harrison
  • Pigface
    Free Member

The man needs saving from himself 😕

Junkyard
    Free Member

he needs saving from the punches thrown by an actual fighter

MSP

I wonder how much money he made from his boxing career. Maybe there is just nothing else he knows how to do.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Drac

Or maybe he enjoys doing what he does.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Devils Advocate here:

Know how we keep getting back on the bike, after snapped collarbones & fractured ribs & concussions & scars?

We don’t even get paid!

Love what you do. I suppose.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

A quitter never wins!
    A winner never quits!

If you don’t win and don’t quit then life as a boxer can be quite painful.

chewkw
    Free Member

As long as promoters want him to fight and he earns good money by not being damaged permanently, I don’t see why he should stop at all.

I bet he earns more than an average earner in his/her life time.

Rockape63
    Free Member

Fraudly’s a joke…..so is anyone stupid enough to pay money to watch him!

bearnecessities

I don’t get the instant dislike myself; he’s just an easy build-up/knock-down character for the media. Not the greatest boxer, but let’s face it he’s in a tiny elite club percentage of all boxers already, but he’s got to adopt that knobberish boxer persona at bequest of promotors, maybe it’s just not him?

Saying that, I don’t know what generated the OP, has he dropped a massive clanger?

Pigface
    Free Member

I don’t dislike Audley but I think it’s time for him to really retire.

He ha just announced that he has come out of retirement having quit a week ago after being KO’d in 80 seconds.

DezB
    Free Member

I guess it says something that he gets a thread on here… where’s Froch? Mayweather? the Jones-Lebedev fight threads?
    To me, he was just another boxer – nothing special, except as an amateur.
    read this earlier, good article.

(obviously I meant “is” another boxer, given the above news!)

gonzy
    Free Member

he won a medal at the olympics and thought he was the real deal…got given a big contract to turn pro…started banging on about how he was going to be the dominant force in the heavyweight division and that he had a masterplan that he was sticking to that was going to get him to the promised land….fought a few nobody’s along the way so he could notch a few wins on his record…carried on yapping about his masterplan…then when he he came up against some moderately credible opponents he was found wanting and got knocked out a few times…by this time everyone could see that as a pro boxer he was pretty shit…and due to this he’d built up quite a following of doubters and haters within the sport, media and general public….this dislike for him can now go in his favour because if he does make a comeback again…i’m sure there will be a queue of punters willing to pay good money just so they can have the pleasure of watching him get knocked the f*** out!!

steve-g
    Free Member

I don’t understand these people who dislike Audley Harrison, what’s that about, it’s not like he’s ever hurt anyone

Pook

it’s not like he’s ever hurt anyone

😀

Garry_Lager

There’s a US boxer whose name escapes me with a record like W 12, L 347. He’s a capable fighter, who figured out long ago that he didn’t have what it takes to make it to the top, but there was a career to be had in losing.
    If Audley wants to cash in on name recognition and get paid then good luck to him. He is a savvy enough boxer not to get hurt – he’s not going to get involved in any wars when the canvas is only 6 feet away.

Pigface
    Free Member

it’s not like he’s ever hurt anyone

Michael Sprott might disagree with this 😆

mooman
    Free Member

MSP – Member

I wonder how much money he made from his boxing career. Maybe there is just nothing else he knows how to do.

Thats about it really.
    He earned a huge amount very early in his career. His deal with the BBC and his book deal earnt him well over a million before he actually started fighting guys who would fight back.
    And by looking at his lifestyle then in regards to where he located, the trainers he employed and the social circles he mixed in .. I would guess he spent a huge portion of it.

But he can still earn good money in boxing. He is a pantomine villain for lots of people.
    What is fortunate for him is that he does not have a good chin. As soon as he gets hit hard he is out of there .. the long term problems arise from taking lots of punishment.

Yes, he should retire.
    But its a way for him to make a living. So its his decision.

Danny Williams is still taking lots of punches too ..

ps.
    Michael Sprott done Audley in spectacular fashion 😯

piha
    Free Member

I don’t think you can blame Harrison for doing a U-turn on his retirement as boxing pays him well. Given the choice of boxing badly and earning good money or sitting at home doing nothing, with no apparent income, why wouldn’t he return to the ring.

I think the boxing authorities (BBB) need to step in and refuse him a license so he can’t box. It would be terrible for Audley if he got seriously hurt in the ring and wouldn’t do boxing any good at all.

The damage inflicting on Lebedev during Jones – Lebedev fight was shocking. How his corner allowed him to continue fighting is beyond me, the ref should never be allowed to be involved in boxing again.

DezB
    Free Member

Apparently, it’s all for Hudson Harrison 😆

Yes, he could have a career as a journeyman, but he’s rather too deluded to think like that.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Tragic many boxers never know when to give up

Professionally he never knew when to start

WhyTF would anyone pay to see him fail to turn up again …he is like a little lamb when the bell dings

Now Amir Khan has a glass chin but at least he tries

DezB
    Free Member

The damage inflicting on Lebedev during Jones – Lebedev fight was shocking. How his corner allowed him to continue fighting is beyond me, the ref should never be allowed to be involved in boxing again.

He was champion, he was at home, they all thought he could knock Jones out. But yeah, a British fighter would have been out of there about the 5th round. Especially if it had been a British ref.

Pook

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zr6sigLwTw0[/video]

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

He should stick to being a chef.

piha
    Free Member

I didn’t see the fight but the pictures say it all. Not good for boxing. I really hope there is no permanent damage.

Pigface
    Free Member

Also how weird has Guillermo Jones career been.

DezB
    Free Member

Drug accusations post-fight, I think.

Lebedev wasn’t a handsome chap going into the fight.. but afterwards!
    There was a super-slo-mo of the final punch landing right on the swelling. Pretty grim.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Audley Harrison’ is closed to new replies.