Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Auditrackworld – diesel fuel economy…
  • iainc

…..seeing as there are probably more here than on the Audi forums 🙂 , and some may have the extra drag of Thule carriers on the roof etc….

What sort of average mpg are folks getting ? I have come from a 5 series tourer to a new A6 Avant, and, whilst still on my first tank of diesel, am surprised how uneconomic it appears to be…

Yes, engine is new and tight, so will improve, but for town commute it’s sitting around 33 mpg (under 300 miles so far) vs the BM at around 41 for same driving… I have 3 racks on the roof, as I had on the previous car. Have gone from manual to auto also

bikebouy
    Free Member

My 5 sp touring used to get 45 aves incl roof bars, on a 530d.
    Isn’t the A6 a bit heavier ?

angeldust
    Free Member

What engine? First tank is a bit soon to be making any conclusions.

iainc

Yes, I know early days, but keen to see how it may improve..

I know the quoted figures are pie in the sky, but :

SE Executive 2.0 TDI quattro S tronic

: 190 PS

Combined fuel consumption: 55.4 mpg

Combined CO2 emissions: 133 g/km (EU6)

Urban consumption: 47.9 mpg

Extra urban consumption: 61.4 mpg

bikebouy
    Free Member

What’s that ? 2.0ltr, 3.0ltr ??

And we all know those quoted figures are horseshite wrapped in marketing cling film.

falkirk-mark

My son has a 2012 A6 2.0 (177) 2 wheel drive and gets 45ish but would imagine you would lose a bit on the quattro (5 mpg?) so I would think 40 combined would be achievable

However
    https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/realmpg/audi/a6-avant-2011/20-tdi-190-quattro-s-tronic

iainc

cheers falkirk-mark. I really should have found that link a few months ago 😳

hey ho !

oldbloke
    Free Member

One of my colleagues has 75k miles on a 2WD 190 Ultra A6 SE and complains about 45mpg average.

40 Average from 4WD vs that would be OK.
    Looked at the 190 Quattro A6 but decided my money would be better spent on the Passat BiTdi 4Motion. Only 1000 miles in but c. 42mpg.

Are you measuring this MPG at the tank or going by the dash display where BMW and Audi versions of the truth may be different?

servo
    Free Member

So far averaging 29 mpg in my new (petrol) Focus ST estate but I have only done 200 miles 🙂

somouk
    Free Member

I’ve got an A4, 15 plate 150PS Avant with a multitronic and that is sitting at about 44 MPG at the moment as an average over the 11000 miles I’ve driven it.

Around town I see about 32 MPG, once on a run it can get up towards 50.

iainc

Are you measuring this MPG at the tank or going by the dash display where BMW and Audi versions of the truth may be different?

so far just the figs on the dash, as I say it’s still on it’s first tank

welshfarmer

My old Beemer was very optimistic on the dash being a little over 10% to generous. Thus 50 mpg was really nearer 45 when calculated brim to brim

Daffy
    jambalaya
    Free Member

Used to get high 30’s very low 40’s out of my 2.7 auto Quattro (2007 vintage) in mixed driving. Not driven slowly. I would suspect a 2 may be less economical in practice driven at same speeds as engine working harder ?

molgrips
    Free Member

In my auto Passat 2.0 TDI I get about 35-38 in town, depending how stop-startey it is. On a good motorway run it’s 60, anywhere between 50 and 60 on A roads.

squealer
    Free Member

We’ve got a 16 plate a6 avant 272bhp diesel

On a run it’ll average just over 40, urban around low 30’s. I’d expect yours to get a lot better.

sbob
    Free Member

My last car averaged 50+mpg.
    It was twenty years old.
    💡

aP
    Free Member

I’m averaging 53 in a C220d estate. On a steady long motorway run it’ll top 60mpg, but in general use its coming out at 53 based on fuel/miles over 5k miles. Honest john reckons 47, so I’m doing better than most, and I did have some fun heading over Salisbury Plain yesterday afternoon on the way home from bath.

warns74
    Free Member

Went from 2008 A4 to 2012 A6 in the last year, both 2.0tdi (170/180 respectively) and predominantly used for longer runs with mixed driving but very little stop start town driving.

A4 (manual) used to do 47+ mpg all day long and maybe only 2mpg off that with roof racks and/or bike on.

A6 (multitronic) on equivalent runs does 42mpg and about 37 with roof racks / bikes

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Auditrackworld – diesel fuel economy…’ is closed to new replies.