Viewing 11 posts - 361 through 371 (of 371 total)
  • Audi S3 – quite fast!
  • bearnecessities

*farts*

molgrips
    Free Member

yet you are suggesting that everyone should do as you do, to drive a slow and unexciting car, driven to your limitation, to your perceived level of risk, to your level of acceptable CO2 emissions, but why should they?

No. I’m suggesting – no, I’m stating that no matter how good you are, driving faster is more risky. There are quite a few reasons as stated previously.

Of course we could all drive at 10mph but that’s hardly practical. So I suggest we all stick to roughly the speed limit and take it easy through the corners. Traffic would be more predictable, there would be fewer accidents and they would be less severe. Everyone makes mistakes, even you, so take that into account when you drive. EXPECT yourself or the drivers around you to make mistakes.

If you think that’s boring, tough shit, deal with it. Put the stereo on and chill out. But don’t stop concentrating. Plenty of other ways to get your rocks off that don’t risk innocent lives.

That is my point. It’s pretty explicit.

bigjim

saw a red Audi going ‘quite fast’ going north from Peebles on Saturday morning, ‘making progress’ out of their lane into mine as they failed to manage to stay in theirs round a corner… bikes on it, thought shirley must be someone from on here! massive w*nker anyway.

tightywighty
    Free Member

bigjim – Member

saw a red Audi going ‘quite fast’ going north from Peebles on Saturday morning, ‘making progress’ out of their lane into mine as they failed to manage to stay in theirs round a corner… bikes on it, thought shirley must be someone from on here! massive w*nker anyway.

Did you catch what engine model it had? As we know, 170 BHP is fine, anything more = CHILDS FACE 😀

Rockape63
    Free Member

No. I’m suggesting – no, I’m stating that no matter how good you are, driving faster is more risky. There are quite a few reasons as stated previously.

Of course we could all drive at 10mph but that’s hardly practical. So I suggest we all stick to roughly the speed limit and take it easy through the corners. Traffic would be more predictable, there would be fewer accidents and they would be less severe. Everyone makes mistakes, even you, so take that into account when you drive. EXPECT yourself or the drivers around you to make mistakes.

If you think that’s boring, tough shit, deal with it. Put the stereo on and chill out. But don’t stop concentrating. Plenty of other ways to get your rocks off that don’t risk innocent lives.

That is my point. It’s pretty explicit.

Could only be written by a Toyota Pious driver! 🙁

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Is this think still going?

I’m sure it needs to be popped to one side for a coil recall now.

molgrips
    Free Member

Could only be written by a Toyota Pious driver!

And your point?

geetee1972
    Free Member

Can I just point out that the reason we started down this road (no pun intended) was because on the day that someone posted how fast an Audi S3 was, there was also a story on various other bike related websites about how a cyclist had been killed by someone driving an Audi S3 into the back of him (coming around a blind bend at speed).

I think I was the first to make the call on the hypocrisy of discussing fast cars and fast driving on public roads when the consequence of that was being highlighted through a fellow cyclist’s death at the hands of an Audi S3 driver.

molgrips
    Free Member

+1 GT.

bigjim

saw this on the metro and thought of you lot

Pictured: Young couple ‘killed by boy racers in 90mph car crash’

Sandwich

That’s a tragic waste bigjim.

Viewing 11 posts - 361 through 371 (of 371 total)

The topic ‘Audi S3 – quite fast!’ is closed to new replies.