Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 64 total)
  • Audi Q7 Drivers have especially low IQ’s!
  • Spongebob
    Free Member

Stupid woman rocks up every week and sits in her ridiculously oversized vehicle talking to the neighbour, but always leaves her engine running.

It was 25 minutes today. I am just going to have to intervene soon. Not today however, because the hot weather meant that my sexy neighbour was leaning up against the said Audi in her skimpy skin tight running shorts.

I really couldn’t justify destroying a nice view in the interests of the environment. I am an eco-warrior fraud now!

Am I an old perv? 😆

zaskar
    Free Member

Stop moaning about the car and enjoy the view.

Yes you are a perv. Like most of us men :mrgreen:

BigJohn

My mate got a bit tired at CyB on Friday and asked me to drive his Q7 home.

I can kind of see why people like them. Super big and high and intimidating.

I liked the way you could just accelerate hard behind somebody and they got out of the way – even when there wasn’t anywhere safe for them to swerve into.

When I used to do that with my BMW it didn’t always have the same effect.

Milkie
    Free Member

Try it in my beaten up Mondeo, they move!! 😆 Even iriots in Audi’s. 😆

Stupid woman rocks up every week and sits in her ridiculously oversized vehicle talking to the neighbour, but always leaves her engine running.

It was 25 minutes today.
    Well, maybe you should write a letter to the Police.. As far as I’m aware, their cars remain on when they get out of the vehicle, I’m sure the all the Police cars will be worse than your neighbours Q7. They do have a good reason though, I think all the equipment will drain the battery pretty quickly.. Still isn’t very green though.

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

I liked the way you could just accelerate hard behind somebody and they got out of the way – even when there wasn’t anywhere safe for them to swerve into.

When I used to do that with my BMW it didn’t always have the same effect.

Thats a wind up right???

Anyone does that to me and they automatically end up doing half the required speed limit for a few miles whilst i sit there smiling. I also speed up on the straights so they cant get past when they actually get the oppertunity.

zaskar
    Free Member

Doesn’t work on me-you can drive like an idiot and I’ll drive sensibly as I’m not intidated unless you have blue lights flashing-I’m not moving out of the way.

Grow up?

Kieran

I also speed up on the straights so they cant get past when they actually get the opportunity

Your as bad as the OP, idiots like the both of you shouldn’t be on the road!

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Although the story i was told recently did open my eyes to possible issues here.

Guy was driving with fellow workers back from job. These were young groundworker types so not really types to be bullied. Posh car flashes them in outside lane to move over so they sit there and piss the guy off. Evenetually the guy undertakes them and they give him the fingers etc as he passes. Car does a complete stop on a six pence and forces this van full of lads to stop. Guy gets out and taps on drivers window with a handgun. Lad in drivers seat has gone white and is visably shitting himself. Other guy threatens him with gun and then proceeds to threaten his wife, his kids, his mother and his pets. The van is plastered with work stickers etc so he tells him he knows where he works.

The other guys in the van try to calm him down but the guy just threatens them with the gun if his reg is reported.

Evenetually he leaves and they have to sit at the side of the road to let the driver stop shaking and crying. Back at work they agree its best left.

Bloody ell !!!

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Get over yourself.

Milkie
    Free Member

Well said.. Although there are a hell of a lot worse drivers out there!

Kieran

Why? I drive thousands of miles a month, and often come up against dickheads like you putting my life at risk.

Just the other day, after following some idiot who sat at 40 for miles of NSL as well as 40 through the 30 limit villages, I eventually came to somewhere to overtake, indicate, pull out and start to accelerate past, only to find he’s accelerating too, with me on the wrong side of the road!

porterclough
    Free Member

I also speed up on the straights so they cant get past when they actually get the oppertunity.

That’s just plain dangerous.

Milkie
    Free Member

I also speed up on the straights so they cant get past when they actually get the oppertunity.

That’s just plain dangerous.

Surely this only works when the car infront is as powerful as the car following. If they overtaker has a lot more powerful car, it may be less dangerous. I certainly find it’s less dangerous using my 2.5 V6 compared to a wheesy 1.6, as you have a lot in reserve, just incase the muppet in front decides to speed up.

Spongebob
    Free Member

Hey, you hijacked my thread!!

This is about stupid women with too much money and time on their hands and who have never done a day’s graft in their soft mollycoddled lives.

The only positive is that they have nice arses.

Keep on topic please gentlemen!

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Right to clarify a few points

I drive a vehicle which is limited to 50mph on the a roads
    I drive mostly on roads which are heavily occupied by lorries (A75) which means that most of the time i am doing 40mph
    I drive many thousands of miles every month also.
    I pointed out that if someone is trying to bully me on the road i in fact respond by slowing down. The principle being that if they are going to hit me (More likely given the manner in which they are driving), it will be at a slower speed.
    I made the comment that on the straights i also tend to speed up from the slower speed i am doing. Is there anything wrong with this given that i did not say i break the speed limit? Its my oppertunity to overtake the said lorries that are doing 40mph and causing the bullies to over react.

I would say the style i have described above is not that of a dickhead, but more that of someone aware of what is going on around him and is making sure he is safe.

You sound like you have aggression issues in your motor Kieren.

Your first statement makes it sound like you think driving many thousands of miles makes you a better driver than others. A popular missconception. I usually find that a lot of people who drive so much are over confident, under trained, impatient and ignorant. I work in the commercial motor industry and come across people who drive some huuuuge mileages.

You sat behind someone doing 40mph. Yes thats pretty slow but were they being held up by a lorry? Were they in a van which is restricted to 50mph on A Roads? Were they unsure of their location? No excuse for 40mph in 30mph zone so i asume they left you behind at that point because you were doing 30mph?

Sounds to me like you may have been trying to bully the driver in places you shouldnt have and he gave you a little payback. Maybe you should look at the general standard of your driving before calling someone a dickhead in response to your actions.

All said with a loving 🙂

Milkie
    Free Member

Sorry SpongeBob — I thought your post was more about the 25 minutes with the engine on and the enviroment, hence my post regarding Police vehicles.

Is it getting hot in here? 😆

stuckinarut
    Free Member

This is about stupid women with too much money and time on their hands and who have never done a day’s graft in their soft mollycoddled lives.

The only positive is that they have nice arses.

Here here. However, I think the phrase is…

coffeeking
    Free Member

The “so the” in the sentence gives the game away that it was a rather childish response, rather than safe driving. Most people speed up on straights, primarily because they slowed down in the bend… Personally thats why I love owning a car that can speed up on straights faster than most other cars, meaning that even when following someone who seems to want to drive rediculously slowly and then accelerate out of each bend because they dont like being passed, I can still pass them.

It amazes me the number of people who dislike being overtaken. I rarely overtake people, simply because theres rarely opportunity on the roads I drive, yet when you do, even in a safe and considerate manner, you get mouthfuls of abuse. Because the driver thought THEY were driving as fast as they thought safe and so you must be a complete nutter and risking everyones life by daring to pass them. I mean seriously, there’s a straight near mine with a large broken-hatched section, its a 60 and about 3/4 of a mile long. 4 times I’ve been flashed at and given the fingers for passing people down the straight despite there being no cars coming in the other direction and them doing 45mph.

Jsut goes to show, everyone believes they are right – you can rarely win.

Peregrine
    Free Member

Spongebob – i think you may be an old perv. However if you don’t take pics thats ok, it means you are not a sick old man. If you do take pics then you are a sick old man. (my e-mails in my profile should you wish to dispose of said pics).

coffeeking
    Free Member

Possibly not, they could be lawyers on maternity leave, enjoying the break. Or any number of things, but I suppose that wouldnt make a fun thread title would it 😀

wors

**** off argueing, we need pictures.

zokes
    Free Member

Where’s Smee when you need him? I’m sure he could give a balanced response to this 😉

FWIW, as much as a wnaker the person behind you is being, I fail to see how preventing him from overtaking makes you safer. Surely let him get on in his ‘unsafe’ manner, leaving you the right to be pious when he’s wrapped around a tree further down the road. Speeding up whilst being / likely to be over taken is possibly THE most dangerous thing you can do on the roads. One of the main rules of the highway code is to drive considerately. Perhaps a few of you driving ‘heroes’ would do well to remember that…

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

I also speed up on the straights so it transpires they cant get past when they actually get the oppertunity which is unfortunate for them.

Is that any less childish?

It just took me a little longer to type than saying i usually speed up on the straights.

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Jsut goes to show, everyone believes they are right – you can rarely win.

Here here!

Kieran

Apologies for the hijack spongebob, however;

I pointed out that if someone is trying to bully me on the road i in fact respond by slowing down. The principle being that if they are going to hit me (More likely given the manner in which they are driving), it will be at a slower speed.

Whilst I agree with you theory on having an accident at a slower speed, in reality your increasing the likelihood of antagonizing the driver behind and having the accident anyway!

I made the comment that on the straights i also tend to speed up from the slower speed i am doing. Is there anything wrong with this given that i did not say i break the speed limit? Its my opportunity to overtake the said lorries that are doing 40mph and causing the bullies to over react.

No, however doing it to make someone ‘overreact’ is also very stupid and ultimately makes the roads more dangerous for everybody

You sound like you have aggression issues in your motor Kieren

Not at all, but with the state of our countries roads, the people on them, and the mileage i do its a case of ‘when’ not ‘if’ i have an accident, and i hate people who deliberately go around making them worse.

I usually find that a lot of people who drive so much are over confident, under trained, impatient and ignorant.

Yep,

were they being held up by a lorry? Were they in a van which is restricted to 50mph on A Roads?

No

Were they unsure of their location?

wouldn’t have thought so, they carried on for some miles

i asume they left you behind at that point because you were doing 30mph?

Yes

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Any pictures of this girl yet?

Shandy
    Free Member

Failing to let a faster vehicle pass is bad driving.

A lot of the bad driving on our roads is a result of the “I’m going fast enough” mentality. We have heavily policed speed limits, most people don’t want to break them, and most people dislike being overtaken. So they sit there feeling self righteous and slowing everyone else down.

Safe speed of a vehicle is down to a lot more than the signs at the side of the road. Road conditions, visibility, quality of the brakes and tyres, and weight of the vehicle all have a massive influence on stopping distance.

stuckinarut
    Free Member

Pics?

Spongebob, 25 minutes of engine-running should be ample time to fetch the camera. STW expects 😀

coffeeking
    Free Member

It just took me a little longer to type than saying i usually speed up on the straights.

Well, it conveys an ENTIRELY different meaning/intention so I don’t know, which is more correct? Only you know that one.

Speshpaul

“This is about stupid women with too much money and time on their hands and who have never done a day’s graft in their soft mollycoddled lives.

Possibly not, they could be lawyers “

Would the learned gentleman like to retract that remark?

Speshpaul

“I also speed up on the straights so they cant get past when they actually get the oppertunity. “

Based on that comment you need some serious retraining.
    It is legal to attempt to undertake a vehicle that is passing you. But more that its down right dangerous.

Trying to beat some who is acting like a **** being being a bigger one still makes you a big ****.

As is trying to over take a vehicle doing 40mph in one restricted to 50mph on a A road.
    Levers you with very few options.

“Maybe you should look at the general standard of your driving before calling someone a dickhead ”

genesis
    Free Member

I stick to 30 in a 30 etc where the chances of killing someone or getting nicked are much higher. But as soon as the de-limit signs arrive its fair game to match the road conditions… makes me chuckle the lengths some drivers will go to as to not be passed by an ancient Nissan.

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

You guys never fail to dissapoint. That high horse must be growing by the day 🙂

sharki
    Free Member

Spongbob, this wouldn’t happen to be in Scotlandshire would it?

I know of a Q7 driver who has an amazing bottom and often has tight jogging bottom on..

thegreatape
    Free Member

It amazes me the number of people who dislike being overtaken.

Completely agree.

Speeding up whilst being / likely to be over taken is possibly THE most dangerous thing you can do on the roads.

Indeed. IIRC a lorry driver caused a coach overtaking him to have a fatal head on and got jailed. Can’t find the link just now.

skinnysteel
    Free Member

Can we have photo next week to allow us to decide whether not intervening was justified?

falkirk-mark

I personally would rather that if someone was driving like a dick they would be in front of me where i could keep my eye on them. Also the speeding up on the straights reminded me of coming back from Skye behind a Saab that slowed down to 40 on bends that could be safely taken at 60 then accelerating out of the bends and doing 60 on the straights (not much fun in a zx1.9 diesel non turbo) the car could shift round corners but had no acceleration to speak of.(and I do not think the driver was trying to piss me off I just think he was a shit driver or his Saab was as bad at handling as mine was at accelerating).

Travis

Q7~ are giving to Mistresses by their Rich Boyfriends in HK

rich-6
    Free Member

Why? I drive thousands of miles a month, and often come up against dickheads like you putting my life at risk.

Just the other day, after following some idiot who sat at 40 for miles of NSL as well as 40 through the 30 limit villages, I eventually came to somewhere to overtake, indicate, pull out and start to accelerate past, only to find he’s accelerating too, with me on the wrong side of the road!

i get such a buzz when they do that, I had some clapped out mondeo doing 25 in a 50 zone baiting me last night, He had one tailight and one headlight 😕

Went to overtake in 4th and he put his foot down, Straight to 2nd **** off mate went past like he was standing 😈 so he sat on my arse after that 🙄 Overtaking cars on the bikes good too 8)

MrSalmon
    Free Member

A lot of the bad driving on our roads is a result of the “I’m going fast enough” mentality. We have heavily policed speed limits, most people don’t want to break them, and most people dislike being overtaken. So they sit there feeling self righteous and slowing everyone else down.

Safe speed of a vehicle is down to a lot more than the signs at the side of the road. Road conditions, visibility, quality of the brakes and tyres, and weight of the vehicle all have a massive influence on stopping distance.

I’d have thought a lot of the bad driving on our roads is a result of the “I want to go faster, how dare this person hold me up” mentality.

I’d never try and interfere with somebody passing me, but if I feel I’m going a comfortable speed for the road/conditions/limit/whatever then the fact that somebody behind wants to go faster doesn’t make me a bad driver.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘Audi Q7 Drivers have especially low IQ’s!’ is closed to new replies.