Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Audi Allroad – any experience with?
  • thebaker
    Free Member

Thinking of getting myself an Audi A6 Allroad, surprisingly cheap for one a few years old!

Just wanted to see if anyone on here has had any experience good or bad with them, I appreciate there are car forums out there but on here folk call a spade a spade so seems like a good place to start.

Cheers

Dave

unclezaskar
    Free Member

if it’s the ‘old’ style allroad that came in 2.5Tdi and 2.7 turbo petrol then google for allroad air suspension problems – was enough to put me off one, basically the airbags in the adjustable suspension die and it,s a fairly expensive fix.

also the 2.5Tdi unit has a reputation for having camshafts made of cheese, so again high mileage ones can land you with a big bill.

regards – U.z.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Mate has an 07 version 2.7tdi and its a proper car. Nothing other than blown bulbs for him so far..

49er_Jerry
    Free Member

A friend had one which had no end of minor electrical glitches. Each one was a £500 fix or thereabouts from the main stealer…

Smudger666

Bit of a hijack, but I’m thinking of the A4 avant all road for the next company car – any opinions?

Tubbs
    Free Member

Have had a 57 plate 2.7tdi for just over a year. Lovely car to ride in, quiet and well put together as you would expect. But they are not cheap to run or service. I have stayed away from main dealers as I could not afford their labour rates. Economy ain’t bad on decent runs.Worst bit is paying over £450 for the tax disc.

Fantombiker

I’ve got a 2001 a6 tdi allroad 2.5 owned for last 7 years. Plus points, fantastic ride quality, 4 wheel drive, quiet, great to haul bikes and family long distances, comfy leather seats, plenty of power. Negative points, about 30mpg max, suspension goes in around 100k miles….£2K bill all round, my gearbox went at 170k miles £3K cost. Other advice: Do an oil change every 10k miles regardless of dealer advice, Don’t go near an audi dealer for servicing….

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Audi Allroad – any experience with?’ is closed to new replies.