Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • audax/sportive races around london
  • IainGillam
    Free Member

This might not be the right forum to ask but I know a few or you also ride road so does anyone know of any coming up soon preferably short ish (around 100 miles) as it would be my first one.

Thanks
    Iain.

oldgit
    Free Member

Iain it's just a suggestion, but you could try some reliability trials. They're not that far related to Sportives, but instead of a mass start and going for an individual time, you set off in pre set time groups. They're only a tenner or less.
    Most areas hold them. Where abouts are you.

crazy-legs

http://www.kentishkiller.ning.com
    First Sportive of the year is the Kentish Killer in Kent (Orpington).

Have a look round the local cycle clubs, most have reliability rides at this time of year although a few have realised that there's money to be made by calling it a Sportive… (Hell of the Ashdown being a good example – that used to be the Catford CC Reliabilty Ride).

IainGillam
    Free Member

cheers I'll have a look at reliability rides.

aP
    Free Member

Oh, and none of them are races. Admittedly audax is for those who know they're not racing, sportives for those who can't but think they are, and reliability rides are for those that do but aren't for another couple of months.
    Why not find your local club and go out with them on Saturday/ Sunday club runs in the meantime?

IainGillam
    Free Member

yeah I understand they arn't "races" as such, I got the idea from a tri website as a good way of getting the miles in for training. I want to do one for the purpose of low intensity off season training.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘audax/sportive races around london’ is closed to new replies.